Stardock

New Player Introductions

By on January 4, 2012 8:19:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+612

We have had a really nice influx of new players since Sins has expanded to Steam.  Member Sinperium suggested we have an "introduce yourself" thread and I thought it was a great idea.

So if you are new to Sins, come introduce yourself to the community and maybe even setup some matches!

Pinned Post 200 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 26, 2012 7:31:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can run Sins as a non-Steam game in Steam.

February 29, 2012 9:37:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well then, I'll just get right to it.

Names Alawatakima. Sargent Ala, or just ala for short.

Anyhow... I got into sins because a friend of mine and I decided that it would be a good idea to make a game. We loved making custom games in warcraft 3, and decided we needed something more.

As time went on we had a really great idea, but we needed more idea's. So we checked out all the "space" strategy games out there and this was the closest game I got to my idea of a great universal strategy game.

So now I play with some buddies of mine that I got hooked over online server

We mostly play against one another, or Comp Stomp. Only been playing for a bout a month, cant wait to see what Rebellion looks like.

March 2, 2012 4:45:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey

March 2, 2012 10:40:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Warrior...welcome to Rebellion and the forums!

March 7, 2012 1:57:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello The name's KING-B and I've been playing Sins for some years now. It's only been recently that I've become more active and that's mainly due to finally getting Internet at home. It was by chance I started playing Sins; stumbled upon the site and it just seemed to pull me in. I was in University when I started playing and now that I'm out and searching for work, I'm still in love with it. Maybe now, I'll start playing online but after I gave the Rebellion beta a real good test run. Until then, keep cool everybody

March 7, 2012 2:34:06 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Welocme back dude!

March 14, 2012 6:03:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey, I'm, as my username says, David (i haven't gotten around to changing that yet)

I've been a Sin's player for a few years now, but have only ever been able to use my friends game. Today marks the joyous occasion that I've put in a Rebellion pre-order *hurrah!* I can't wait for the final release! Just waiting on confirmation of my order :3

I'm so happy they made a Titan, on the TEC side no less, that supports my playstyle. Powerful Defense and fleet protection!

March 15, 2012 1:12:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good Morning (AZ time zone)

I am Robert4260 (Bob R) and have been various rts's for quite awhile now. (years).  I have most of them (SC, Empire earth, SOS, etc.) also like sims.  So I tend to drift from one to another.  Started with a problem with SINS problem through Steam; but, it turned out to be a SOE (stupid operator error).  Got it soved and have been trying out the various SINS Trinity games.  I am not really great at this so I don't do online things.  Is there some place in the forums that gives advice on the best way to start these games out.  I tend to do ok in the beginning then the AI comes in with massive fleets and kicks my ().  I will try to check in here on a regular basis. 

Bob R.

March 28, 2012 12:15:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Eh. Might as well say hello as well.

I'm ChaoticMagician (CM for short). I've been playing since 2008, and also signed up for the forums then, although I don't tend to talk a lot since I'm usually forum-shy (working on that) and it seems that anything I ever want to say is posted about 12 minutes before I'm ready to type (*cough* Sniperium/Darvin/RA(whereverhegotto)/etc). Still, they say it much more eloquently than I could ever hope to, so I just lurk  

April 13, 2012 12:05:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey name's divamatt (I really should change it...)

Anyway, I've been playing the game for a couple months against the AI and enjoying it quite a bit. That said, it seems like SOSE would be fun to play online and I'm curious about what it would be like. Would be interested in playing sometime against friendly competitors at my noobish level.

If you're a newish player, I'd like to know how you would rate your online experience. I'm hoping that a smaller game like SOSE would have a friendly/supportive community. How does one go about meeting like-minded people for a game?

April 13, 2012 1:16:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting divamatt,
How does one go about meeting like-minded people for a game?

Posting on the forums basically, or if you do go online avoid big 5v5 games, those are always competitive matches. Not sure if smaller matches are any better but the best players won't play them if a 5v5 is available.

There are a couple of smaller groups (just popped up yesterday) that have matches semi regularly, perhaps you can find one of them.

April 16, 2012 12:41:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Well, I didn't even see this post until recently, and only now have the time to introduce myself on it.

Obviously, my name is Ibnpatuta (not my real name, but it is fun to say). I have been playing Sins of a Solar Empire since the Christmas of the year it came out (2008, wasn't it?). In that time I have never played a single online match or even looked into doing so. In fact, I have never played an online match in any of the games I have owned, which include Skyrim, Fallout 3, Sins Trinity, Supreme Commander, Simcity 4, Spore, and Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. I love each and every one of those games but have never seen any reason to play online with other people.

When I learned about Sins Rebellion around Thanksgiving last year, my love for Sins of a Solar Empire was revived. I started Diplomacy up and played a match as the Advent (who I never play, I love Vasari) and found out that I really suck at Sins because I was beaten by a Hard AI in less than an hour. Despite my being forced to turn the AI to Normal to win, I have a great time playing Sins on single player.

In the past few months I started to follow the forums and when I saw a post about a Rebellion retail box (I really like the boxes for my games, and all the things a boxed version entails) I decided I should post my own thoughts. A collector's edition was mentioned by Yarlen and my excitement hit a new high for Rebellion.

I started my own post for a boxed Rebellion collector's edition and Yarlen finally responded and said that there would be a collector's edition and I decided that the point of the post was done and that I would just wait for the collector's edition to be unveiled sometime soon.

I've been waiting two weeks and I'm sure I will be waiting a while longer while Stardock figures out their pricing and fixes thing in the beta. But I am fine with that. I am sure that it will be worth the wait. I will buy it when it is up for order.

So now I keep close track of the forums and even read a lot about how the beta is turning out even though I do not have it.

I love Sins of a Solar Empire more than any of my other strategy games because of its grand scale, great music, fun camera movement, cool races, and overall beauty of the graphics and presentation. Supreme Commander was a long time favorite of mine, but after Supreme Commander 2 the game did not receive any new content and also the music was not as awesome (not even close) and the camera was really hard to get in an awesome position.

I am still a sophomore in high school and so do not have a chance to play much (only on vacations) but I can still follow the progression of the game through Youtube and the forums. I really love that new trailer/intro video. Easily beats the old intro videos and the Supreme Commander Forged Alliance one. Keep up the great work, Stardock.

P.S. If any of you have read any of my other posts, they are usually very large like this one. I guess I have a lot to say. I also tend to repeat myself a little bit, especially concerning the collector's edition. It MUST happen.

April 16, 2012 9:57:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey I'm Sproeikoei, and I'm trying to get the hang of the game. Does anyone have the time (or maybe a link to something) that can explain the basics of the tactics, races etc. to me? I'm not new to competitive gaming, just this game.  

Thanks in advance!

April 16, 2012 6:15:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi welcome to Sins!  Not sure on the link.  Dirty Sanchez, Wrath89 and a few others have posted clues now and again.

April 17, 2012 2:17:12 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm nzmx121, and i bought Sins Trinity two days ago. Since then, i've played the game for 18 hours. I really enjoy space RTS games, and can't wait for Rebellion.

April 17, 2012 3:52:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wraith767

been playing for a few years but only AI. never got into the whole people over the interwebs stuff but i guess i might play a few multi games in the future.

been floating around the forums for a while and usually don't say anything till i notice a bug.

lets see. personal crap... was an MP now going PD so my times hella thin. i play rpgs and fps though i grew up on strategy. i hadn't found one to play in years till sins came out.

oh yea. and hi

April 18, 2012 2:51:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi all,

I'm spacepilot and i have been playing Sins for over 3 years only SP though.  I just recently joined the online community  I have played two online games but those didn't go to well...   what with school and the like i haven't been an active online player, but i still fit some SP playing into my schedule.  I would love any help from the more experienced players here if you want to PM me about how not to within the first 20 min against other human players!   i have been pretty active on the forums though, and i cant wait to play the final release of Rebellion.  This is my first beta and with the way it has gone i'm sure it wont be my last!

April 20, 2012 11:10:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Might as well introduce myself. ^-^

Hello everyone, I'm Sassha, but you can call me anything you want really. Other people on the internet have shorthanded my name to Sass or Sash, and I find those most acceptable. I've been lurking on this forum as a guest since Sins came out, but never bothered to join until now. My reasons for joining now is to help provide (hopefully insightful!) beta feedback. 

I don't "do" multiplayer, mostly due to the general lack of etiquette on the internet when it comes to competitive matches. Rude people on other online games and their multiplayer communities have completely turned me off to the idea, but I might try it again with Sins, since these forums make the community look pretty promising. Right now my time is really strained though, so I'm not sure I'll ever be a consistently present member of the multiplayer community. For single player, I absolutely adore some of the mods out there. Especially Distant Stars, which I plan on joining the roleplay for in the near future.

Personal stuff... I'm only a fifteen year old girl (physiologically genderless), but I start my freshman year of college next August. Singing and vocal training are my forte and gaming really isn't something I've been at for a long time. 

Nice to meet everyone!

April 20, 2012 11:10:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i wanna play a multiplayer game but i dont know how

April 21, 2012 12:05:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And you are?

April 21, 2012 12:08:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

is this where i met u simperium? and u gave me karma??

April 21, 2012 8:37:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

[quote] i wanna play a multiplayer game but i dont know how [quote]

don20

after opening Rebellion and your at the main screen click on ICO Internet Multi-player...i'm not sure if you have to create an account for this beta (I know i did for Trinity).  Then you create a player name (this will be what others will see when you log-in).  After you log-in you will be sent to "Multi-player Home-screen" here you can join a game, host a game, or just chat with other players online.

I hope this helped...btw here's some karma for joining the forums...also do you mind telling us a little about yourself???

April 21, 2012 9:24:34 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting axxo2,
is this where i met u simperium? and u gave me karma??

Must be.  I think you made another post I liked too.

April 21, 2012 6:39:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i have a clan called TOX and looking for members if you want to join send me a friend request on ironclad online on sins of a solar empire deplomancy thank u

April 25, 2012 9:58:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Welcome new players--come say "Hi", darn it!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001344   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+