Stardock

New Player Introductions

By on January 4, 2012 8:19:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

We have had a really nice influx of new players since Sins has expanded to Steam.  Member Sinperium suggested we have an "introduce yourself" thread and I thought it was a great idea.

So if you are new to Sins, come introduce yourself to the community and maybe even setup some matches!

Pinned Post 202 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 6, 2012 1:07:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello, I am SlammerIV, which is the same nick I use on ICO. You may also see SlammerV on ICO. He is my only smurf and is a buddy who plays on the same computer. Maybe for Rebellion we will get two copies and play simultaneously. Unfortunately, we also need another good computer, but I digress.

I notice that very few actual new players are posting on the thread, perhaps two or three. The others are forum regulars multiposting with their traditional banter. But I am not complaining.

I probably heard about Sins a few years ago, I don't exactly remember when. Probably when looking through IGN's games of the year features. This summer, around June, I began regularly looking at the forums. When I saw the 1.3 patch, I knew that I wanted to get this game. I bought it at the end of November from the stardock store (not Steam). After Christmas, I installed it and have been playing ever since. I patched it to the latest version two days ago and played my first multiplayer game (against King-Stewie?). I'll try to improve my game and hope for many months of fun.

I am also looking forward to Rebellion, and while I haven't decided whether to preorder and get in on the beta, I will definetly be getting it soon after launch. I am from the Western United States (Nevada). I mostly play RTS and FPS games. Command and Conquer series, Delta Force 2, Far Cry (original), Civilization IV, Tachyon: The Fringe, Commanche 4.  

A Message from SlammerV: hi guys, I have been playing a handful of sins multiplayer games and they have been great fun!!! but for the record I would like to add that if you think sins has a steep learning curve, try playing Starcraft:brood wars multiplayer as I have!!!!! look forward to blasting your planets soon!!!

ps.watch out slammerIV adopts a very pompous and long winded manner when he gets behind the keyboard!

January 6, 2012 1:12:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi and your first karma!

Yes--it would be great to post who you are and why you play, say hello, etc.  and not chat here (good point sir).

January 7, 2012 1:05:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The guy deserves another karma point. They are playing together remember?

January 10, 2012 11:22:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

New players, stop in and tell us how you got into Sins!

January 15, 2012 2:47:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ha Ha! I found the intro thread! I'm special

So allow me to introduce myself. Because I'm sure your wondering, let me explain my name. You see, I am in fact the bane of all Jews. I suppose you could say that I'm just anti-coshure. One day, I fried catfish from some friends and Lydia, my jewish friend, says that she can't fish that are either bottom feeder or have hair on them. And since catfish are both, I have taken up the mantle of Whisker Fish, the bane of all jews. Don't get me wrong, I'll be your friend, you just cannot understand the fullness that is the Whisker Fish.

So crazy rant asside, I'm a long time fan of Sins, but am just now getting back into it. And it really seems like I've missed a lot in the intervening period. By the way... when did TEC bombers become B2s? I mean I hear that strikecraft got a nice upgrade, but I must say that the B2 look perhaps is my favorite.

I'm a fan of a lot of old strategy games including (but not limited to) X-Com, C&C and the Total War Series. This game will actually be my first attempt at doing competitive multiplayer, and am really excited about that part in particular. Besides that, I'm also a fan of a lot of other games including BF3 and the Mass Effect Series.

So hope to see you guys around... oh and can someone tell me how to fix my display pic? I put a picture in each of those areas (Personal, Avatar, and Display) but none of them are showing up. Though I suppose that's just me showing my newbness.. please dont laugh.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I guess the image just took sometime to load. Cookie for anyone who can guess where my display picture comes from... (P.s. I like Cookies... Omnomnom!)

January 15, 2012 2:54:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi

January 15, 2012 3:34:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting ZombiesRus5,
Hi

Hola.

January 15, 2012 3:51:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Whisker_Fish,
Cookie for anyone who can guess where my display picture comes from...

I guessed in the other thread.

January 15, 2012 3:59:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Stant123,

Quoting Whisker_Fish,
reply 8
I'll give you a cookie if you can guess where my avatar picture comes from.

Challenge accepted!

Rheinland Military from the Discovery Gaming Community.

Very clever sir. and from where as well! I really liked the metal look, so I chose it over the flag over on the FreeLancer Wiki. I miss Freelancer. It felt (and looked for that matter) like single-player EVE.

But a deal is a deal, and for guessing where as well... you get Super Cookie!

January 18, 2012 5:11:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi--if you're a new player...please post here with an introduction for yourself and tell us how you fell into Sins.

If you're an older player--feel free introduce yourself but spam another thread.  We've had a lot of new posters and we'd love to all get to know them. 

There are mod teams, hardcore players and even a clan or two about here as well as lots of people looking for regular players for their time zones and the like.

So say "Hi!" and tell us how you got into Sins!.

January 25, 2012 9:03:36 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Might as well step in and say greetings. An RTS major, not in the sense that One is a tactical genius though moments of brilliance have been known to happen but more in the sense that it is the genre that first lured One to games and has been close to the heart ever since. Dune on one the old Sega cassette consoles being the first. However not a stranger to shooters, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (even with all their faults), a gem for One.

Stumbled on this game rather randomly. Not entirely sure but probably first heard the name a few years back but then forgot. At the end of the last year scouring the net looking for new stuff, found some titles, this one sounded familiar and more interesting than the rest, gave it a try, liked it. Not really an on-line player. 

Trying to make custom maps, mostly large ones, currently working on a massive 4system 8player map.  (on a side note any ideas on why on custom maps the stars mostly disappear when scrolling out)

As a patient player no game has had a overall length under 12h (bitch of a task to clean a over 10 system map alone)

Despite often present at the forum, One is usually nothing more than a shadow in the corner of the eye.

As for any grammar nazis who may be here and have a issue with the use of the word One, you can sodd off.

January 28, 2012 5:06:05 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Welcome to Sins, Neo

January 29, 2012 11:04:31 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thank you.

Also, nor is the use of the word in anyway meant to indicate anything more then simply a reference to a person. Best to get that out of the way, misconceptions are a frequent and rather annoying hazard.

January 30, 2012 7:02:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hi everyone...

January 30, 2012 6:42:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Im not new but im an aspiring Advent player, I got by SolarAscendancy or MayallAscendancy on ISO:D

January 30, 2012 10:46:12 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Welcome all.  If you're new and lurking, post here and tell us how you fell into Sins.  Our confessional is open.

February 3, 2012 5:01:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

G'day Guys and Girls I'm Bloodvest.

Have been playing Sins since a couple of months after it came out (had already wanted it for ages).

Quite new to the Forums and just wanted to intergrate myself.

February 10, 2012 1:39:11 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey I'm Siefer... Love sins.. Dying for rebellion to come out and i want me a TEC rebel titan!!

The novalith cannon that moves?

Yes The one with the engine on it!!!

February 10, 2012 1:52:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello all. Been playing Sins of a Solar Empire since roughly 2009 or so, but have never once done a single multiplayer game. I have a decent amount of RTS experience (Warcraft 2, Empire Earth, Command & Conquer Generals, every Total War game, Age of Empires 2) but the truth is I have never been a competetive person and so I didn't do much pvp on those games, merely beat their campaigns and got good enough to thrash the computer without effort on its hardest difficulty settings. Now however I have developed a small taste for pvp due to mmorpgs, I just recently re instaleld Sins after finding out about Rebellion and am quite excited. I have experience playing all the races quite a bit, but I prefer Advent. I'd say my biggest weakness is that I like watching battles too much and so I think I waste time doing that instead of speeding through, microing and reacting to what is going on in the bigger picture. I also have a tendancy to like play defensively, which I know is most of the time a bad thing. Anyhow, looking forward to playing more Sins now and hopefully getting some MP under my belt in preparation for Rebellion.

February 18, 2012 7:54:47 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Greetings to you!

Started playing sins around late 2010 after stumbling across it while looking for another game. It was my first real attempt at an RTS, having played some of the genre before but nothing that required serious tactical thought.

I have been reading the forums for quite some time, but I have only just started commenting and getting more involved. I very rarely if ever play multiplayer. I go by mainly by the name silvermuller.

Really looking forward to Rebellion, mainly for the drastic changes in how we play each race (though Titans are awesome!)

February 21, 2012 5:56:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hello all!!

Im obvioisly new to the forums but ive had SINS since the day it came out.

I have a question though that is open to anyone who can answere, I bought SINS trinity not through steam but i cant figure out how to activate it on steam. Help would be much appreciated

February 23, 2012 3:09:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hi freshmeats

February 23, 2012 3:43:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Qu4r,
Hi freshmeats

Now now Qu4r. We are trying to welcome them here not scare them off.  

February 23, 2012 10:39:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

TECisRECk, I don't think you can activate Sins on Steam because it isn't currently a Steamworks game (Rebellion will be).  But welcome to the forums!

February 26, 2012 4:37:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

aight thanx anyways Sniperium

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000953   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+