Stardock

best premade gaming pc for @ $750.00? (Give or take $100)

gotta love tha holidays

By on December 26, 2011 12:48:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Grizzyloins

Join Date 09/2010
+7

ok, so my family got together & decided to buy my crippled *ss a new computer, only I have no idea which is the best PRE-MADE gaming desktop.  so I've come to those I trust with this important decision.  I've been looking at 'Ibuypower' gaming pcs & like what I see but really don't have much expertise on the matter.  I'm pretty dense so if ya'll could just say 'hey dumb*ss, this is the one' I'd really appreciate it.  I would like it to have good cooling/lots of fans, and would like to be able to use it for a good 5 or so years before having to upgrade again. 

thanks in advance

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 26, 2011 1:34:33 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't usually do prebuilt systems.. but If i did looking at that budget I would probably go for this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227383 Edit: Now out of stock

Maybe someone more accustom to buying pre built systems can locate something better for the price but that system should have everyone someone would need to run any game for the next few years.

Edit: It happens to be an Ibuypower , which personally i've never heard of but I'm looking purely at the components in the system. Not the brand.

December 26, 2011 9:49:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've bought widow PCs and found them very reliable and if you need tech support you get someone who knows their stuff, not someone reading a prompter who does not.

December 27, 2011 12:32:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

For ~$750 you could build a PC that will last you ~5 years without having to be replaced. It's extremely easy to build your own, and I highly recommend it over buying a prebuilt from any company.

December 27, 2011 6:40:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Kodiak888,
For ~$750 you could build a PC that will last you ~5 years without having to be replaced. It's extremely easy to build your own, and I highly recommend it over buying a prebuilt from any company.

Agreed, but if you look the system I suggested it would cost you about the same to build.

AMD FX-Series FX-6100 3.3GHz = 150$

1TB SATA HD = 100$

24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive = 30$

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560 2GB =200$
700W Powersupply = 60$
GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P Motherboard = 70$
8GB DDR3 1333 = 75$
Case = 40$
Windows 7 OEM = 100$
Cheap Mouse/keyboard combo = 20$

Grand total to build = 845$ +Shipping
Sale price of the system prebuilt - = 799$+ shipping

Paying less and not having to build it yourself = priceless

Edit: That system is now out of stock at new egg though, It was still available at the time of the original post. Its not surprising that they sold out with in a few days when you look at the cost of each component vs buying the system prebuilt.

December 28, 2011 8:47:12 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

It is good that they actually listed the components, which is something you normally don't see. A good deal for the price.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000454   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+