Stardock

How to find game folders from steam

By on December 6, 2011 12:43:33 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SINS001

Join Date 12/2011

So, I want to download some mods for this game but I am having a hard time finding out where my files are for it. I have looked everywhere pretty much and I even looked to where the mod path is and even when I did I still couldn't find it. So then I moved the files to a easier location and that must have messed it up. So then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and then I decide to look for it again. I really want to know where can I find the game files if I downloaded this game from steam. I have been looking but most of my attemps have failed. Is there a way I can find my files from steam?

Edit:Man... Every time I try to download a mod for a game I can never get it to work for some odd reason. I keep trying and trying but they never work, I have no idea why.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 6, 2011 12:49:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

First of all, did you find the mod folder or not? If so and you enabled the mod, did it minidump or what?

December 6, 2011 12:55:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

He may not have hidden files set to be shown.

Damn Microsoft.

December 6, 2011 10:50:44 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ryat,
He may not have hidden files set to be shown.

Damn Microsoft.

Incorrect.

It is unfair to blame a company for stupid users.

December 6, 2011 11:39:08 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Pbhead,
It is unfair to blame a company for stupid users.

It's also unfair to blame users for a stupid company, AppData is a hidden directory.

I have looked everywhere pretty much and I even looked to where the mod path is and even when I did I still couldn't find it.

I'm not running the newest version of Sins, but unless something changed drastically the mod folder should be in
Win 7: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\IroncladGames
WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\AppData\Local\IroncladGames [iirc, I haven't used XP in a while]

As for the game files themselves, installed through steam should be in:
%steamroot%\steamapps\common\    where %steamroot% is wherever you installed steam to, usually defaulted to C:\ProgramFiles\Steam on 32bit windows or C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Steam on actual windows.

As for hidden folders, you can expose them on Win7 by selecting Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View Tab and then selecting "Show hidden files, folders and drives."

It's a similar story for XP, but the option is in the edit drop down menu if I recall.

Hope this helps.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+