Stardock

delldock

By on August 5, 2011 8:21:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

KingHawkk

Join Date 02/2010

Since I'm done with my Dell pc very soon I was looking for a alternative for the delldock (created by stardock) because this only works on Dell pc's.
What I like about delldock is that it works with categories as you can see here http://www.delldock.com/images/version15d/dell_dock.jpg
I've looked into objectdock but I couldn't find such a option.
Does anyone know if there is such a option in objectdock?

10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 5, 2011 8:35:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

try Object Dock by stardock  or   this link  mite be of  interest to you http://www.winstep.net/index.asp 

August 5, 2011 8:35:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In Object Dock you can create 'fly out' menus (see here for tutorial: http://forums.wincustomize.com/163569), as well as 'drawers'.

In Nexus dock (winstep.net) you can create subdocks...

You have options, but categories is probably a proprietary thing Stardock did only for Dell.

August 5, 2011 9:32:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Dr: You forgot to mention that 'drawers' aka tabs are only possible with OD+. The freeware doesn't provide them.

August 5, 2011 11:27:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If my memory hasn't failed me (don't laugh, my brain has a very old OS) Impulse Dock was similar in function. It shows as still available here. LINK You need an Impulse account to dl it and IIRC, there is a tab or two that can't be deleted, only hidden. It's been a long time since I used it, maybe another member is still running it and can give you more info.

August 6, 2011 4:27:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting c242,
Dr: You forgot to mention that 'drawers' aka tabs are only possible with OD+. The freeware doesn't provide them.

The freeware version of Nexus does not allow sub-docks either, only Nexus Ultimate (Nexus sub-docks are the closest thing to Dell Dock's categories, by the way).

August 6, 2011 7:06:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pssst....hint....- Sometimes the "free" anything won't do what you want it to do.

August 6, 2011 7:22:22 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
Pssst....hint....- Sometimes the "free" anything won't do what you want it to do.

you've met my x-wife

August 7, 2011 4:10:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

thx for the tips guys.

August 8, 2011 8:23:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
If my memory hasn't failed me (don't laugh, my brain has a very old OS) Impulse Dock was similar in function. It shows as still available here. LINK You need an Impulse account to dl it and IIRC, there is a tab or two that can't be deleted, only hidden. It's been a long time since I used it, maybe another member is still running it and can give you more info.

Yep, you're right.
Impulse Dock is what came most near Dell Dock only problem is you can't move it. 

August 8, 2011 8:53:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting SROstuff,

Quoting Wizard1956, reply 4If my memory hasn't failed me (don't laugh, my brain has a very old OS) Impulse Dock was similar in function. It shows as still available here. LINK You need an Impulse account to dl it and IIRC, there is a tab or two that can't be deleted, only hidden. It's been a long time since I used it, maybe another member is still running it and can give you more info.

Yep, you're right.
Impulse Dock is what came most near Dell Dock only problem is you can't move it. 

You can, but the hammer and chisel do rather unpleasant things to the rest of your screen.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+