Stardock

Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows Part 2

By on July 17, 2011 3:45:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

StatusIpod

Join Date 06/2011
+1

This movie was a very good movie and a superb finish for the franchise. The best of all time books translated along side the lord of the rings. I enjoyed this movie as much as i enjoyed reading the last book a couple years back. 

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 17, 2011 6:34:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am a little irritated with the end of the movie. I will provide an explanation when others have had a chance to comment.

July 17, 2011 11:25:35 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah. I cannot undstand the change in wand disposal.

July 18, 2011 12:09:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Big David,
Yeah. I cannot understand the change in wand disposal.

You got it, that is my exact complaint about the ending, it makes no sense. This isn't the first time they have done something to the ending to one of the films; they omitted Quirrell and Snape's challenges (I am rather fond of Snape's logic challenge) protecting the Philosopher's Stone, and they omitted Dumbledore's burial in the White Tomb at the end of the Half-Blood Prince, which made Voldemort's acquisition of the Elder Wand from the White Tomb at the end of Deathly Hallows Part 1 a little confusing if you haven't read the books. Was it too much to ask to have Harry repair his first wand with the Elder Wand and return the Elder Wand to the White Tomb? Does that really add too much to the run time?

July 18, 2011 12:47:37 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You see we read the books so we know better. For someone who hasn't read the books all they know is Voldemort found the elder wand after torturing that old man for its whereabouts. It rightful owner is now Harry because he disarmed its previous owner. The elder wand picks the winner of duels. 

Exact replicas don't work- reason being ill tell u. 

1: Movies are restricted by play time during production because of cost.

2: Missing Scenes could be added in the Blue-Ray Release.

3: Rowling approved the change so why we complaining.

4: If they showed everything in the movies who would buy the books?

5: The movie left people wondering and questioning , curious and had mysteries.

Biggest Mistake you can do before watching this movie is read the book !  That like adding spoilers with frustration because the book is not an exact script of the movie.  Thats why the movie blue-ray case says: Based on the Harry Potter books. It is not an exact duplicate. 

July 18, 2011 12:55:51 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting StatusIpod,
The best of all time books translated along side the lord of the rings.

Please, don't ever compare Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. That's like comparing Shakespeare to Doctor Seuss, one is a timeless classic, the other is just a highly popular kids story. Also the Lord of the Rings movies (the full versions anyways) didn't cut anywhere near as much content as the Harry Potter ones did from the books.

July 18, 2011 1:14:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Have anyone realized that after the 3rd movie that almost everyone are wearing Muggle clothing?

The quality of the movie is also when down drain, not to mention the quality of the writing as well. I mean in the first four books at least there was an attempt to write a decent quality (which is more than I am willing to say). With the fifth book, I think the publishers said "who gives a damn about the writing, people will buy the book regardless!"

I agree with Goa, Tolkien not just wrote the Lord of the Rings...he also wrote the back story with regards to the history, elvish songs (which has bases in the real world). I feel more smarter not understanding Tolkien's writing than understanding what JK wrote.

July 18, 2011 1:31:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I feel more smarter ....

Hahaha ...classic.

July 18, 2011 12:02:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting StatusIpod,
It is not an exact duplicate.

I know it isn't an exact duplicate, but why couldn't Harry at least repair his wand? So you are saying I never should have read the Deathly Hallows or any of the other books years ago before the movies were even conceived?

Quoting GoaFan77,
Please, don't ever compare Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. That's like comparing Shakespeare to Doctor Seuss, one is a timeless classic, the other is just a highly popular kids story. Also the Lord of the Rings movies (the full versions anyways) didn't cut anywhere near as much content as the Harry Potter ones did from the books.

Quoting ice27828,
I agree with Goa, Tolkien not just wrote the Lord of the Rings...he also wrote the back story with regards to the history, elvish songs (which has bases in the real world). I feel more smarter not understanding Tolkien's writing than understanding what JK wrote.

Yeah, Tolkien's work is some of the best writing ever conceived in the history of literature, but Rowling's work is nothing to sneeze at either.

People will accept anything just because a certain name is attached to it, whether it be The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Star Wars.

July 18, 2011 5:13:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Marketing got Harry Potter up to where it is now. Nothing more.

Good plot, good characters, immature idea. I have grown to hate Harry Potter.

JRR Tolkien spent his whole life with his stories, JK Rowling spent several years and some effort to produce her books. There's no comparison.

July 19, 2011 4:40:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

book translated to movie is as good as harry potter could have been. What i meant is although harry potters movies are good there not as good as the lord of the rings. There both good transitions from book to movie. U kidding me, lord of the rings is elite. Everybody knows that.

August 4, 2011 7:22:16 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think people really underrate Rowling. She's an incredibly observant writer with an excellent sense of pacing (at least in the earlier books in the series). 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+