Stardock

Beginner Question

LAN on same disk?

By on July 12, 2011 9:47:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

SeniorChief421

Join Date 07/2011

Hi, I'm a noob. I know this because I just bought Sins two days ago.

I am wondering if I can install my Sins disk on a friend's computer so we can LAN. (Yeah I'm cheap, I apologize). I am wondering 

1) If that's legal

2) If a LAN will work (I think a user can only update the primary installation)

If someone can help me out I'd appreciate it, and I am also open to other options. (I know the best is to buy another title, which we most likely will in the future)

Thanks

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 12, 2011 10:00:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They allow up to two installs for LAN play. Log in to the same account as the first install to update.

July 12, 2011 10:01:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

thank you very much sir

one more, is that the only other install I am allotted?

I like to save at least one in case my computer crashes.

July 12, 2011 11:11:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You cannot install more than 1000 times per minute. Not an exaggeration. Anything less than that is allowed.

July 13, 2011 9:15:42 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
They allow up to two installs for LAN play. Log in to the same account as the first install to update.

Are you uhm, sure about that limit of two?

Not that I'd know from, uhm...ahem...personal experience or anything...but I think more than two copies of sins can be involved in the same LAN game...

Limits may exist for ICO, but I don't think they do for LAN...

July 13, 2011 10:22:22 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The EULA gives permission for up to two installs too occur on different computers at the same time. So its a legal permission not a game install limitation.

July 13, 2011 10:28:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Game install limitation goes up to 10 copies of the game running on one LAN connection.

The EULA restricts this to two copies, as stated.

ICO is limited to one copy on at a time.

I personally have 3 serial keys, and I think that I am justified in experimenting with the connections.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+