Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Background for Windows Explorer left side.

Dark Sunset

By on June 28, 2011 6:24:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pointner

Join Date 01/2009

in this skin for the first time I saw the left side of Windows explorer skined. can someone tell me how to do this?

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 28, 2011 6:33:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pointer... "in this skin" is pretty non specific. Could you help by providing a name and screen shot?

You might find this post by VistArtXPosed helpful (although the program is now SkinStudio7 [sks7]).

http://forums.wincustomize.com/172992

June 28, 2011 7:09:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To change color of the left hand panel in explorer, open Vista explorer IE shell parts subsection in SKS 7 then select edit vista/7 explorer parts, then select folders bar then at the bottom of this item select extra settings this will then show background color. Either select a color from drop down menu or click on button next to it and you can add a colour of your choice then go back to drop down menu and select it after clicking back to the edit vista 7/explorer part screen select save skin and then click apply skin this will change the left hand panel of Windows explorer

Hope this helps

PS to SKS developers I wish you could also add a textured colour to left hand pane in Explorer by using an image instead of a colour.

June 28, 2011 8:10:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
Pointer... "in this skin" is pretty non specific. Could you help by providing a name and screen shot?

Background for Windows Explorer left side.

Dark Sunset

June 28, 2011 8:33:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Old eyes. *sigh.

Thanks for your help, 2of3. Kind of you.

June 28, 2011 8:52:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well if your eyes are old, then mine must be too Doc.  All I see in the OP is "in this skin for the first time I saw the left side of Windows explorer skined. can someone tell me how to do this?"  I do not see that other text 2of3 posted at all, in either Palemoon or IE and I have refreshed several times. 

June 28, 2011 9:27:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check your pm's... sent you OldMsgt's reply.

June 28, 2011 6:46:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
I do not see that other text 2of3 posted at all, in either Palemoon or IE and I have refreshed several times.

Lol, I didn`t see it at first either. It`s the sub title of the OP, light gray text (making it darker would be a good idea.......I hrdly notice it half the time)

June 29, 2011 5:27:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks a lot! It worked no problem!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+