Stardock

Background for Windows Explorer left side.

Dark Sunset

By on June 28, 2011 6:24:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pointner

Join Date 01/2009

in this skin for the first time I saw the left side of Windows explorer skined. can someone tell me how to do this?

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 28, 2011 6:33:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pointer... "in this skin" is pretty non specific. Could you help by providing a name and screen shot?

You might find this post by VistArtXPosed helpful (although the program is now SkinStudio7 [sks7]).

http://forums.wincustomize.com/172992

June 28, 2011 7:09:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To change color of the left hand panel in explorer, open Vista explorer IE shell parts subsection in SKS 7 then select edit vista/7 explorer parts, then select folders bar then at the bottom of this item select extra settings this will then show background color. Either select a color from drop down menu or click on button next to it and you can add a colour of your choice then go back to drop down menu and select it after clicking back to the edit vista 7/explorer part screen select save skin and then click apply skin this will change the left hand panel of Windows explorer

Hope this helps

PS to SKS developers I wish you could also add a textured colour to left hand pane in Explorer by using an image instead of a colour.

June 28, 2011 8:10:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
Pointer... "in this skin" is pretty non specific. Could you help by providing a name and screen shot?

Background for Windows Explorer left side.

Dark Sunset

June 28, 2011 8:33:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Old eyes. *sigh.

Thanks for your help, 2of3. Kind of you.

June 28, 2011 8:52:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well if your eyes are old, then mine must be too Doc.  All I see in the OP is "in this skin for the first time I saw the left side of Windows explorer skined. can someone tell me how to do this?"  I do not see that other text 2of3 posted at all, in either Palemoon or IE and I have refreshed several times. 

June 28, 2011 9:27:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check your pm's... sent you OldMsgt's reply.

June 28, 2011 6:46:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
I do not see that other text 2of3 posted at all, in either Palemoon or IE and I have refreshed several times.

Lol, I didn`t see it at first either. It`s the sub title of the OP, light gray text (making it darker would be a good idea.......I hrdly notice it half the time)

June 29, 2011 5:27:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks a lot! It worked no problem!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+