Stardock

Product Registrations and You!

How to get the Stardock software you paid for.

By on June 27, 2011 10:58:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rosco_P

Join Date 07/2009
+191

Greetings, friends!

We've been getting a lot of questions about how to download and install your Stardock software purchases from both the past and present (and future, too, I guess).  Well, here's the skinny on that.  Get it?  'Skin'ny?  *sigh*

Anyway, at the moment we are in a transition period.  Specifically, we are transitioning away from Impulse being your main download and update method.  Going forward, you can access all of your registrations and download links for Stardock software by logging in here:

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

This will give you a list of everything that is on your account, along with your serial numbers and installer download links.  That's right, download links directly to the latest stable version of the software.  Let's all pause to let that sink in.

Ok, then.  Each application should prompt for activation the first time, just type your email address, and copy/paste from the page into the window, and you should be all set.

As always, keep in mind that trial versions of our software are not upgradable to the full versions by entering a product key, and they must be uninstalled and the PC rebooted before installing the full version of any program.

Common issues:

"I don't see [program name] listed, what happened to it?"

If you have registrations on more than one email address, you'll need to get them on the same account.  If you have access to both email addresses, you can merge them together here:

http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

If you don't have access to both, send an email to support@stardock.com with an order or serial number, or billing address for verification, and we'll merge them together for you.

"I just renewed my Object Desktop subscription, and Impulse still says it's expired!"

Because Impulse is now owned by Gamestop, your renewal only affects the Stardock side of things, so Impulse can't know that you've renewed.  You will need to use the new download page to access the software.

"What about my games?"

If you've purchased any Stardock gaming titles (GalCivII, Sins, Demigod, Elemental), those will still be handled through Impulse.  This site is for non-gaming software only.

"What about [problem that I haven't thought of yet]?"

Either post it here, or email support@stardock.com for assistance.  If you're posting here, try to avoid posting things like serial numbers or personal email addresses.

Pinned Post 230 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 19, 2011 5:20:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Mad_Hattr: Email support@stardock.com and then PM me the ticket number.  I have a test build that I think might fix the issue.

Thanks!

Has there been any progress? I mean, cause I spent the money to get ObjectDock Plus, and now I cant use it.

November 19, 2011 5:31:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Mad_Hattr,
Has there been any progress? I mean, cause I spent the money to get ObjectDock Plus, and now I cant use it.
I don't see a PM.  Did you send it?

November 19, 2011 6:22:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Mad_Hattr -

To send Zubaz a PM or Private Message with your Ticket Number .....

November 28, 2011 3:54:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hallo,

kann mir jemand die genaue Anleitung mal auf deutsch geben.

Diese Mail habe ich heute bekommen und komme keinen Schritt weiter:

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
INSTALLING SOFTWARE

To install your software, please follow these steps:

Step 1: Install Impulse from http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup.exe

Step 2: Logon to Impulse using the account information used during your purchase.

Step 3: From the My Games or My Software tabs in Impulse, select your product and press the Install button to download your software.

Das klappt alles nicht.

Ich sehe auch nichts über meinen getätigten Kauf der Software.

Kann mir einer helfen???

Uwe

November 28, 2011 4:15:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting UweWehner,
Kann mir einer helfen???

Hello,

Due to Impulse now being owned and operated by Gamestop, you need to contact downloadsupport@gamestop.com.

Thank you.

Hallo,

Durch Impulse nun im Besitz und wird betrieben von Gamestop, habe ich Ihre Support-Anfrage zudownloadsupport@gamestop.com weitergeleitet.

Danke.

November 28, 2011 4:45:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uwe, ist die richtige url Sie Ihre Software auf sollten Sie:

https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products

Wenn Sie weitere Probleme haben, bitte PM an mich.

November 28, 2011 7:51:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products
Good advice Doc . . if UweWehner had ever bought anything from Stardock (and not Impulse)

December 10, 2011 8:57:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Does this mean that maybe someday soon we'll get a fab new version the beloved (at least by me) Stardock Central back to help manage our subscriptions, archives and update notifications?

Please please PLEASE!

December 10, 2011 9:34:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[quote who="Tecktron" reply="208" id="3037847"]Does this mean that maybe someday soon we'll get a fab new version the beloved (at least by me) Stardock Central back to help manage our subscriptions, archives and update notifications?

http://forums.wincustomize.com/413462

December 16, 2011 11:32:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

recently installed SOASE:Trinity and installed the impulse client with it; updated and registered it. Now when I attempt to run, stardock asks me to register it a second time, and when I use the serial on the game manual it tells me it is registered to another account. What other account? Did gamestop impulse automatically create an account with stardock I don't know about? I created this account to access your forums, why do I need two different accounts/serial numbers and to spend 2 hours ferreting out support forums to access a game I already paid for... this is the kind of thing which causes people to take up 'alternative' means of procurement.

December 16, 2011 3:27:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting raonull,
this is the kind of thing which causes people to take up 'alternative' means of procurement.

Please refrain from even hinting about this.  It's NEVER taken as humor or anything other than a threat.  Frustrations are understandable, but we don't tolerate that kind of talk.  Period.

In regards to your issue, please contact support@stardock.com with your serial number and any email addresses you might possibly have used at any point to register the game.  They should be able to straighten things out.

January 18, 2012 2:24:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For some reason since reformatting it keeps saying activation has failed, any help 

January 18, 2012 2:42:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting andrewglasgow,
For some reason since reformatting it keeps saying activation has failed, any help 
Can you define what "it" is?  Application name?  URL?  Screenshot?

January 18, 2012 2:50:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hiya ita the object desktop software apart from logon studio and basic my colors. It comes with a activation window for email and serial then it says activation failed but this happens in deskscapes icon and sound packager  

January 18, 2012 3:22:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting andrewglasgow,
Hiya ita the object desktop software apart from logon studio and basic my colors. It comes with a activation window for email and serial then it says activation failed but this happens in deskscapes icon and sound packager  

At this point, your best option is to contact support@stardock.com.  Let them know as much information as possible about what is happening, what you're entering, where, and the specifics of any error messages you're getting.

January 25, 2012 6:42:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a way i can download the updates without having to give a serial number?

January 25, 2012 7:42:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Nerv317,
Is there a way i can download the updates without having to give a serial number?
Your serial numbers are located at the same place the downloads are . .downloadable from.  Is there an issue with entering the serial?  Is it not working?

January 25, 2012 10:43:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Nerv317,

If you've already installed and activated, for example, WindowBlinds on that computer already, then installing the latest version shouldn't need a re-activation.  You should simply be able to install and go.  If you reinstall Windows, or delete the sig.bin file that holds your activation, then you would need to reactivate.

May 19, 2012 5:50:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

how do i activate my sins of a solar empire trinity? I've bought a physical copy of the game and (following the instructions in the manual) i launched Impulse/Game stop app and went to the my games tab, Apparently there was supposed to be a button that says Activate/Register there but of course there was not. After looking around on the help forums i found out that it was removed and that i could activate it from my Star dock account, No luck there either after searching for well over 1 hour i could not find where to activate it. Anyway back to my question how do i activate my sins of a solar empire trinity?

May 19, 2012 7:32:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can register retail Trinity here and download the latest version here after doing so.

August 1, 2012 5:10:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's pretty odd.but thanks a lot

August 26, 2012 1:57:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've tried several times to register my software Here, but they don't show up in "My Downloads" any idea why

August 26, 2012 2:16:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

@ Jazzmann05  Try posting HERE 

August 26, 2012 2:33:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

In the initial "stardock account registration" for GC2 Ultimate, when i click on register, it does nothing, then when i close it it says there was an error while activating this product

August 27, 2012 7:16:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting psibrennan,
In the initial "stardock account registration" for GC2 Ultimate, when i click on register, it does nothing, then when i close it it says there was an error while activating this product
Send an email to support@stardock.com so we can look at what's going on.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001969   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+