Stardock

Product Registrations and You!

How to get the Stardock software you paid for.

By on June 27, 2011 10:58:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rosco_P

Join Date 07/2009
+191

Greetings, friends!

We've been getting a lot of questions about how to download and install your Stardock software purchases from both the past and present (and future, too, I guess).  Well, here's the skinny on that.  Get it?  'Skin'ny?  *sigh*

Anyway, at the moment we are in a transition period.  Specifically, we are transitioning away from Impulse being your main download and update method.  Going forward, you can access all of your registrations and download links for Stardock software by logging in here:

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

This will give you a list of everything that is on your account, along with your serial numbers and installer download links.  That's right, download links directly to the latest stable version of the software.  Let's all pause to let that sink in.

Ok, then.  Each application should prompt for activation the first time, just type your email address, and copy/paste from the page into the window, and you should be all set.

As always, keep in mind that trial versions of our software are not upgradable to the full versions by entering a product key, and they must be uninstalled and the PC rebooted before installing the full version of any program.

Common issues:

"I don't see [program name] listed, what happened to it?"

If you have registrations on more than one email address, you'll need to get them on the same account.  If you have access to both email addresses, you can merge them together here:

http://www.stardock.com/support/registrations/

If you don't have access to both, send an email to support@stardock.com with an order or serial number, or billing address for verification, and we'll merge them together for you.

"I just renewed my Object Desktop subscription, and Impulse still says it's expired!"

Because Impulse is now owned by Gamestop, your renewal only affects the Stardock side of things, so Impulse can't know that you've renewed.  You will need to use the new download page to access the software.

"What about my games?"

If you've purchased any Stardock gaming titles (GalCivII, Sins, Demigod, Elemental), those will still be handled through Impulse.  This site is for non-gaming software only.

"What about [problem that I haven't thought of yet]?"

Either post it here, or email support@stardock.com for assistance.  If you're posting here, try to avoid posting things like serial numbers or personal email addresses.

Pinned Post 230 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2011 5:43:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm so confused.

All my stuff is out of date and I missed the 'Tiles' offer because my subscription  for Object Desktop ran out.

Can we still renew and get the updates and 'Tiles' (if I actually had the money) ? AndWHERE would or how would we get it?

July 10, 2011 6:30:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
I'm so confused.

All my stuff is out of date and I missed the 'Tiles' offer because my subscription  for Object Desktop ran out.

Can we still renew and get the updates and 'Tiles' (if I actually had the money) ? AndWHERE would or how would we get it?

Yes, you should be able to.  Right now though to get Tiles you will need to download via Impulse until they get beta downloads sorted.

July 10, 2011 9:45:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Yes, you should be able to. Right now though to get Tiles you will need to download via Impulse until they get beta downloads sorted.

I renewed my sub but Imuplse keeps telling me my sub has expired.

I can't do anything through Imulse. I downloaded the old IRC but it is locked into my OLD sub and says it's expired.

July 10, 2011 11:39:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,

Quoting Island Dog,
reply 77
Yes, you should be able to. Right now though to get Tiles you will need to download via Impulse until they get beta downloads sorted.

I can't do anything through Imulse. I downloaded the old IRC but it is locked into my OLD sub and says it's expired.

Apparently, Impulse refuses even to be spelled correctly!   ...lol...sorry Po.     

Seriously though. I tried Stardock Central and I couldn't even log in. I think I'll stick with Impulse a bit longer.

July 10, 2011 11:56:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I really like this kind of software delivery method. Clean and simple. Thanks! Curious though that I can 'continue shopping' and I see stardock games listed?

July 11, 2011 8:38:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Central has been discontinued for a long time, it won't work.  Not sure why I have seen a few people mention they are downloading it again.

July 11, 2011 9:12:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Stardock Central has been discontinued for a long time, it won't work.  Not sure why I have seen a few people mention they are downloading it again.

It may be in part to this listing in Product Registrations:

Product: Stardock Central Component Manager
Serial:
Ver: 2.53.517
Downloads:
Downloads

Seeing it on the list "almost" implies that it is available and still working. That's my theory, anyway. 

July 11, 2011 9:21:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Maybe you have something there, Wiz. Perhaps a simple tag like "No Longer Functional Software" should be added? 

July 11, 2011 9:54:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Since unsupported (legacy)software is no longer listed(which I hope will change), wouldn't be better to just remove SDC from the list as well?

If SD plans on reviving SDC in the future it can easily be put back on the list.

I have an XP laptop now and some of the old stuff still works great on it, {WFX3 and LogonXP for instance). I would like to retain access to everything I had available at the time of my first ODNT sub for XP and Vista/7.  If this is not possible it's not a great loss, but it's still a loss.

XP isn't the geatest OS, but it's far from dead and buried and if I am going to use it, I am going to customize it! I may not be a big fan of XP but I am a big fan of Stardock.

July 11, 2011 11:38:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I agree with Wiz and Doc. SDC being in the list sort of implies that it still works.

July 11, 2011 11:47:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

SDC is indeed dead.  The only reason it's still somewhat available is for the few people that had old archives lying around they needed to restore.  At this point, it's 100% not supported or used by Stardock.

July 11, 2011 11:53:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, SDC is going to be removed from that list.  No reason it should be there.

To clarify some things that got sorted:

• It was updated in the OP, but since the GameStop split, if you purchase/renew Object Desktop (or any part of it) then it is not supported and will not work with Impulse.  You must use the link given above for the downloads.

• Tiles, other beta software will be added to the downloads soon.  It's a work in progress type of thing.

July 11, 2011 12:09:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
I agree with Wiz and Doc. SDC being in the list sort of implies that it still works.

In fact, it's a record of what you had. Everyone should know by now that SDC is dead and gone. Removing the links to non functional software would be equally good.

July 11, 2011 12:57:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I clicked to download IconX in my list of apps at the Stardock Store. It takes me here:

http://www.sinsofasolarempire.com/error/404

And WinFX 2 is actually 3.

July 11, 2011 1:06:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Rosco_P,
old archives lying around

That brings up the Impulse archives. What do we do with those?

July 11, 2011 1:41:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Technically, Impulse should be able to still restore them, as long as they're still uncorrupted.  If you have the option of downloading the installers, though, I'd get those, as they're much more reliable, as well as being non-OS and non-account specific.

July 11, 2011 2:25:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I even have WB 1.3 in my list. Now, THAT is ancient.

July 11, 2011 5:12:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,

Hi PO

Take a look at my reply #61.
It is the Stardock reply to my ticket.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Macca

July 11, 2011 5:54:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

Quoting Rosco_P, reply 86 old archives lying around

I, under the worst duress and water boarding, refuse to answer that one. I'm too happy just seeing you back.

July 11, 2011 9:51:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In the meantime.....

I renewed my sub on SUnday but the site and impulse tell me it's still expired.

July 11, 2011 11:43:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,
In the meantime.....

We all have the same problem, however Stardock have assured me that my subscription has been updated for another year.

Have a look at the response I got from Stardock. It is shown in reply #61 of this thread.

Cheers

Macca

July 12, 2011 6:44:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting PoSmedley,

Do you have access to your downloads at https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products?

Quoting Island Dog,
To clarify some things that got sorted:

It was updated in the OP, but since the GameStop split, if you purchase/renew Object Desktop (or any part of it) then it is not supported and will not work with Impulse.  You must use the link given above for the downloads.

July 12, 2011 7:33:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I keep trying to log into the Stardock site  and it keeps refusing the password that they sent me.

July 12, 2011 7:37:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting RICHIE31,
I keep trying to log into the Stardock site  and it keeps refusing the password that they sent me.

https://services.stardock.net/accounts/resetpassword.aspx

July 12, 2011 8:59:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That link is for gamers only.  according to another thread on Wincustomize, Object Desktop updates are no longer done by Impulse.

("Can I uninstall Impulse now?")

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000797   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+