Stardock

Fences is crashing windows 7 x64 - explorer.exe on bootup

By on May 6, 2011 12:59:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

TLamming

Join Date 03/2003
+3

Hi Guys,

I've added a second monitor to my system and ever since, fences crashes on bootup. I've tried removing fences plus all settings with no results. Same issue. Is this a bug with such a big change to the system? I've played with the permissions with no luck as well, but I assume the graphics subsystem is giving fences a new situation it isnt used to, hence the crash.

I've linked the log file off dropbox. Check it out. Thanks guys (finally a nice day in Michigan )

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2429503/fences_debug_info.txt

Locked Post 29 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 22, 2012 12:56:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So please proceed and remove me now Jafo.

January 22, 2012 7:29:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

disenfranchisedpast participle, past tense of dis·en·fran·chise (Verb)

Verb:
  1. Deprive (someone) of the right to vote.
  2. Deprived of power; marginalized.

Please... if you feel you must continue - don't.

As stated more than once.... your issue is clearly specific to your computer setup, and yet you apparently continue to ignore advice to contact support@stardock.com to have YOUR problem resolved.

January 22, 2012 7:30:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The OP's problem was resolved ergo this thread is done.

January 22, 2012 1:55:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As an aside, Support hangs out in these forums.  We help here if we can or direct users to the support system if things might get more technical than the forums need to be or logs need to be collected or what-have-you.

But reporting an issue here (while being  . . . "difficult")  and not contacting support when suggested, means that one doesn't really WANT support.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000671   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+