Stardock

ObjectDock Plus 2 v1.0 not showing anything in system tray

By on January 26, 2011 3:35:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

singalongjonl

Join Date 01/2011

I was trying to set up my ObjectDock so it shows my all the system icons in the system tray on my 'Tabbed Dock'. I went into the settings and clicked on show system tray button and nothing is showing up. The System Tray Icon tab is showing on my 'Tabbed Dock', which is located on my right middle side of my screen, however when I went into 'configure system tray icons' nothing shows up, its just an empty box with nothing to choose, I clicked on the 'show all tray icons at all times' and still nothing shows up. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, I went on Google to try to find a solution and have tried many different things such as, making a shortcut in my startup folder (when I try to find the specified file for the shortcut I am unable to find it) and I saw another solution as deleting a file (some file named ObjectDockTray or something around that but I was unable to find the file they specified to delete) but I didn't want to delete anything since it might mess up the program.

I am runnning Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit, if that helps.

Thank you all for your time and help!

Separately, I am also having trouble trying to jailbreak my ipod touch if someone is good at solving how to put an ipod in DMU perfectly, I have tried it over 70 times and am unable to do it. I previously was successful in putting my iPod in DMU mode a year ago when I did it last, it took me about 30 tried but I did it. I literally need a 'How to put your iPod in DMU mode for Dummies'. Email me at deals4jon@gmail.com, I would appreciate the help. Thanks!

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 7, 2011 12:05:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The SAME THING is happening to me.  THe ability to see/utilize the system tray icons is the ONLY reason I paid for the Plus version of ObjectDock.  And now it's useless.  Responses from Support take about a WEEK, and are vague and INEFFECTIVE.  Getting this fixed for Windows 7 users should be a top priority, especially if they want to continue to sell this product.

February 7, 2011 12:27:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Open Impulse. Shift+Right Click on "Verify Installation". Update if necessary.

If it returns "Installed Correctly", it might be the skin you are using. Choose 'Aero' and apply it, and then repeat the System Tray in the Dock option you wanted.... see if the text in the box appears.

If these don't work, open a ticket at support@stardock.com and refer back to this url and to any screen shots you make to show the problem: They help.

Wait for a person to answer (not the autoreply). If you write again, you will be sent to the end of the queue for response.

February 7, 2011 1:21:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks DrJBHL, but changing my dock background to Aero Reflections did not resolve the problem.  Also, Impulse shows that ObjectDock Plus is installed correctly.  I will open a ticket and see what happens. 

February 7, 2011 3:35:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Good luck... not sure why yours is doing this. Try to go under the trouble shooting options and reset the dock. If that doesn't change things, then toggle the 'disable system tray' choice, close it and exit OD2+ and then reopen it, and uncheck that option, exit it and reopen. See if that changes the problem.

April 14, 2011 5:48:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i just got a new error with mine it says
Skin loading failed:could not find a part of the path
'C;\Programme Files(x86)\stardockPlus2\Skin\Tray'.

Could i please get some help with this as its frustrating only being able to see parts of the

settings tab? if you could put a download link for my missing Skin Tray i would be more than greatful

to install it in my (x86) Files manaully

hoping for a quick response thanks MRNzGamer

April 14, 2011 6:14:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hararipia - 

I think you should write to Stardock Support (support@stardock.com) and include a description of your problem as well as your OD+2 purchase info. 

April 14, 2011 6:15:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hararipia - If you haven't done so already, please email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket.

April 14, 2011 6:56:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

yeah i guess so ...think windows 7 manager i downloaded corrupted my registry and now its not working

tried on my laptop and it works fine but my desktop is rooted id say

may have to reinstall windows if i dont get anywhere???

April 14, 2011 7:12:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

COULD somebody KINDLY upload a copy of the UI folder for the skin tray in programme files x[86] PLZZZZZZ

this is all i need to fix it myself...so if you have StarDockPlus2 and you would like to take a little of your time

to copy and upload the UI folder for the skin tray i would be forever indebted to you

thanks to the kind persons that want to help out

could not find a part of the path
'C;\Programme Files(x86)\StarDockPlus2\Skin\Tray'.

please email the UI folder to  [ removed -admin] and may the good lord bless you for doing so

Amen

April 14, 2011 7:36:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting hararipia,
COULD somebody KINDLY upload a copy of the UI folder for the skin tray in programme files x[86]

You should make the request through support@stardock.com .

April 14, 2011 8:14:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

done guess i have to wait a week then

April 14, 2011 8:17:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Requests for proprietary product content should go through the legitimate/legal source/owners.

Please request file download/distribution via support@stardock.com

Thanks...

March 10, 2012 5:16:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

System Tray Icon 1

System Tray Icon 1

Please try again..........

October 17, 2012 10:00:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same exact problem.  I upgraded from the free version for this functionality.  It doesn't work.  Tech support does not respond.  Not working with Windows 7 was not documented.  Stardock stole my money....vaporware.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+