Stardock

I love you guys, but when can we actually play true multiplayer? :)

By on January 5, 2011 3:27:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

StarReaper

Join Date 08/2006
+5

True multiplayer, as in Single Player, but with more humans and less AI?

Even if you guys posted from time to time you were at least wanting to make single and mutiplayer essentially the same game, and that you are working on it that would be nice.

Tom

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2011 3:32:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

What do you mean?  On the box it says 16 person LAN or internet multiplayer. 

January 5, 2011 4:24:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

well yes it does. On the website too. However... i meant like for real real and not for play play

January 10, 2011 1:27:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bump

January 13, 2011 3:43:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, please,

And normal-sized maps, and battles. And rework turns system please (turns are skipped without me even noticing it). Now when single player is playable, it is time to focus on multi.

January 27, 2011 8:58:27 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Indeed

January 29, 2011 4:09:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bump/

February 3, 2011 5:51:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It seems multiplayer modes the same as single player are becoming a bit of a lost art.

Killed by the need for balance & anti griefing and quick games for online play. Noone cares about us that play with friends, that dont need these things.

I guess its because we're a minority now.

February 5, 2011 1:46:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Well everyones obsession with Modding isnt helping. How often do you get to play a mod that is 100% done? Theres a reason theres not a large indie game market, and finished mod market. A-D-D

April 7, 2011 2:39:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was bumping this beucase who dosnt want true singleplayer gameplay in a mutiplayer mode.

April 7, 2011 2:47:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
What do you mean?  On the box it says 16 person LAN or internet multiplayer. 

its not real mutiplayer its crape small game fast passed not a true full size singleplayer game you cant get normal or large maps and orginal when it was on for pre order it said up to 30 player so even that has changed.

April 7, 2011 2:49:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting markieness,
It seems multiplayer modes the same as single player are becoming a bit of a lost art.

Killed by the need for balance & anti griefing and quick games for online play. Noone cares about us that play with friends, that dont need these things.

I guess its because we're a minority now.

not really a mintoirty there was tones of people asking for this back when game frist came out wondering what happend to mutiplayer according to old pollls i bleive it was 15% or so. which is good number.

but frogboy dosnt like mtuiplayer hes siad it many times so his idea of adding it was to add a gimp system instead of doing what mjaority of people who wanted mutiplayer exprince really wanted.

if they where really intrestedin what type of system people wanted for mutiplayer they should did a poll full single player exprinc emutiplayer vs othere stuff they did do. but they did not do that they did single player vs mutiplayer well when ever you do a poll kinda like that people will always say well i want a strong mutiplayer exprince busae they dont know what they  are getting out of the mutiplayer exprince.

you cant do polls like singleplayer vs mutiplayer vs gfxs vs sound vs combat vs expasions when you do polls like that it just shows that you really are not intrested in what the diffrent groups want out of those options your just intrested in what people as a whole are instreated in out of all those things well single player strong singleplayer will always top that list no matter what so its a point less way to do a poll speacily when that poll was done during a time where game was so broken that it was mostly unplayable for most people so every one wanted them just to fix the singleplayer game in frist place.

if they where truely intrested in what those diffrent groups of people wanted they would broken down each group into a diffrent poll..

April 8, 2011 6:20:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you were to do a real poll, then you'd have to use proper selection methods. Forum polls are NEVER accurate due to selection bias.

I mean, how many people interested in MP games are still here? Most of them gave up a long time ago.

April 8, 2011 7:53:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I think it would be sad if FE did not include a "MP as SP" mode, because I think a lot of people would enjoy playing co-operatively with friends.  We can only hope that Kael has sufficient say to do his own thing and does not have the same "dislike MP, all MP, even MP as SP" bias as Frogboy...

Best regards,
Steven.

April 8, 2011 8:04:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really don't think there's a dislike, just a lower priority. Like modding.

April 9, 2011 6:20:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

There needs to be a game worth playing first.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+