Stardock

Hi everyone!

By on November 25, 2010 1:29:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Hi everyone, took a long break from demigod due to lack of aussie players. Wondering how many ppl are still playing, and whether there remains a community in this game - not much point modding if everyone has left lol. I can see that pacov is still very active, peppe has returned but # of forum posts here remains very low.

Any word from GPG/Stardock on mod distribution?

Also i have this program from torchlight - if the above question still remains no, does anyone know how it is possible to create a similar thing for demigod? it would SIGNIFICANTLY increase the ability for users to access mods. (if i remember correctly, someone was working on something similar when i left). A nice feature of this is that it allows for updates, and you can remotely scan files for viruses (as i think it works through FTP or through Peer-Peer interactions)

http://torchleech.runicgamesfansite.com:7000/

Might reinstall demigod tonight and have a look at some code . Also looking forward to checking out the new mods that have been created of late - particularly skirmish AI!

Cheers, Exx

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 25, 2010 1:57:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey - really happy to hear from you again!  I'm in the process of attempting to lead a modding revival and get some new mods into the game.  You should check out a few of the more current posts from me and check on the various mods.  Good development on uberfix and ai skirmish. 

Not really sure about torchleech, but I'll look into it.

Side note, if you get bored, we'd love to see some adjustments to your favor mod.  I was going to look into coding them myself, but if you have some time, super!  As it stands, we need to nerf thumper and the helm that gives gold.  thumper should either be flat out removed (the general rule is that people get VERY pissed if anyone uses thumper in game) or nerfed quite a bit.  Maybe silence every 10-14 seconds and removing the tower upgrade ability you cooked in... I really don't think it needs to scale as is. 

November 25, 2010 2:00:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh, and no official response from SD about mod distribution.  I'm HOPING to get some mods added directly into demigod, but that doesn't offer us any real options for updated mods.  Still, its an improvement...

November 25, 2010 6:18:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ty pacov,

I had a quick browse of the forum and found your recommended mod post, (ty for adding mine BTW!) and got both latest uberfix and skirmish.

^^

I will look into these changes, and see if after such a long break i can come up with some fresh ideas.

Also will look into my old enfos mod and see if i can fix it a bit, as i remember it had an over abundance of money .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000734   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+