Stardock

Docklets with ObjectDock 2

By on October 17, 2010 11:47:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

harris48154

Join Date 11/2009

I've been using Objectdock Plus 1.9 for some time and have been satisfied with it.  I recently upgraded to 2.0 but couldn't get things to work, so I went back to 1.9.  I couldn't find any documentation that explained how to make docklets from 1.9 work with 2.0.

Specifically, I use KKmenu, Stack Docklet 2 and CheckMail.  Should these work with Objectdock 2?  Where can I find documentation to set them up?

Is there any way to create sub menus with Objectdock Plus 2.0, without using add on docklets, other than with tabbed docks?

Finally, I see that Objectdock 2 packs the icons tighter on a dock (less space between icons).  Is there any way to control that - to make it "look" like Objectdock Plus 1.9?

Thanks for any suggestions.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 18, 2010 7:06:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Docklets like Stacks are third-party and from what I understand haven't been updated to to support OD2.  That is something the docklet creator would have to do.

October 18, 2010 4:06:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi ! I think that the closest space between icons is not depending on the OD version but on the different skins setting

try to use on OD2 the same dockbackground you used on OD1.9 !

aw if you open the skin folder and you don't find any transparent .png, you have to add the blank image + some lines in the .ini file setting, tell me if you want go on ...

October 19, 2010 9:23:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the information.  I'm quite disappointed in OD2.  I have found nothing added, except for the Folder View in tabbed dock.  I don't use tabbed docks, so I can't even use that.   I've gone back to 1.9. 

October 25, 2010 4:33:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It seems to me that Stardock's Objectdock developers are more focused on themes than features.  More on glitz than functionality.

October 25, 2010 5:07:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting harris48154,
It seems to me that Stardock's Objectdock developers are more focused on themes than features.  More on glitz than functionality.

Yes. That is what a consumer market is.

December 2, 2010 3:29:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It now seems apparent to me that Stardock is a software company with focus on gaming.  I think that Objectdock is not viewed as a significant portion of their product offerings.  Perhaps it is a legacy product, an afterthought or maybe just not a money maker.  I don't think the same is true of Winstep, producer of the Nexus doc.  I have purchased Nexus Ultimate and find it superior to Objectdock Plus.

May 22, 2011 7:55:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am really bummed. I paidfor two separate downloads to my laptop and my slate. I was using RocketDock on my slate with no issues, but decided to use objectdock so I could set up my 64 bit laptop with the same scheme. Now I'm stuck with paid software that lags far behind freeware. Stardock should be ashamed.

May 22, 2011 7:58:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Cruzankenny -

I replied to your comment in the other post.

Other than this forum post's last comment being 4 years ago your best bet on this would be to email sales@stardock.com or support@stardock.com with a request for assistance.  They will be able to get this resolved for you.

http://forums.wincustomize.com/171200

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+