Stardock

Elemental BETA Is Now Over

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

By on August 17, 2010 3:12:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yarlen

Join Date 01/2005
+194

In preparation for the release of Elemental: War of Magic on August 24th, the Elemental beta is now officially over. If you have already installed the beta, you will be able to continue playing it normally. If you haven't installed the beta yet, you'll need to wait until the official release of the final game.

We'd like to give a big shout out to all of you who joined us in creating Elemental. Your feedback was very much appreciated!

Do not attempt to update the game if you wish to continue playing the beta until the final game is made available. As the beta keys are disabled, doing so will break your installation.

39 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 17, 2010 3:36:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

*offers Yarlen a drug-laced cookie*

August 17, 2010 3:38:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Congrats to the dev team on their hard work.

Now - take a look at the photos on your desk.  Yep, that's your family.

August 17, 2010 3:49:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Gee, thanks Anny. You always know what to get me.

August 17, 2010 4:05:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

But of course

August 17, 2010 4:13:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wooo Hoooo... what a wild ride... now its time for to saddle up for the next ride... Bring on the expansions, content paks, mods and more!...

Yeeeee Haaaaawaaa!

August 18, 2010 12:14:29 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The cool thing is that I just found out about this game a few days ago, so my wait time until release is really short.

August 18, 2010 1:41:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I can't wait!!!  But will have to.  Once I collect enough Solar Credits I'll ride out to the Stardock and pick up my copy.

My girlfriend couldn't wait. She hopped a ride on an express mail rocket and is halfway there...

August 18, 2010 5:28:58 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

My version is saying that it needs activating now, and when I paste in the serial number I got before it says already registered.

Does this mean I have to wait till release even though I have the beta?

August 18, 2010 5:35:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yes, but since you participated in the beta you will likely get early access to the game. One day, maybe even two days before the official release date on the 24th.

August 18, 2010 5:57:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So now that Beta is over, we only have to wait for the usual: Game Stop breaking the street relase date.

August 18, 2010 5:57:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Cool thanks.  I'll be at TechEd in Queensland that week, but I'll be able to download it after that.

August 18, 2010 6:41:12 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some of us will be off a bit sooner.  Kudos to Stardock for the early release for Beta Testers!

August 18, 2010 7:44:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I thought the one-day early release was for anybody who pre-ordered the digital copy.

August 18, 2010 8:19:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ding Dong the beta is dead,

Long live retail

Can't wait guys!

August 18, 2010 2:38:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice work to all!  I hope the release goes smoothly.  Now I just have to figure out how to be patient for a few more days... 

By the way, you may want to post something like this over in the Elemental BETA forum; folks are still posting bug reports there for beta 4.

August 18, 2010 7:13:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Congrats devs on what looks like a great game.

Can't wait to try it out.

August 19, 2010 1:43:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Great to be involved and looking forward to your baby arriving & growing up!

Baby dragon

Cheers,

Sleet

August 19, 2010 11:25:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Beta was awesome fun and I am looking forward to the release of this great game. Here is hoping for an early release for our pre-orders soon!

August 20, 2010 1:56:01 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm going to miss all the intelligent conversations (arguments) and the interesting debates (the fights). It's been a good ride this last year and a half. I count myself lucky to have been a part of it and to have made such good friends as Wintersong, Joasoze, MagicWillNZ and everyone else. The ride ain't over yet though folks!!! Here's to the years sure to follow full of Expansions, Mods, and plenty of New Ideas for me to keep track of. Cheers everyone.

Smoke em if you got em

August 20, 2010 3:19:47 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Raven X,
I'm going to miss all the intelligent conversations (arguments) and the interesting debates (the fights). It's been a good ride this last year and a half. I count myself lucky to have been a part of it and to have made such good friends as Wintersong, Joasoze, MagicWillNZ and everyone else. The ride ain't over yet though folks!!! Here's to the years sure to follow full of Expansions, Mods, and plenty of New Ideas for me to keep track of. Cheers everyone.

Smoke em if you got em

We will be debating patches, updates, new units, mods and expansions for years to come!! No need to be sentimental yet My biggest worry now is the performace of my Latitude D830. Will it handle the monsters of Elemental? I REALLY need to upgrade soon.

Cheers Raven. May my Empire rule you and your minions forever

August 20, 2010 3:26:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting joasoze,

Cheers Raven. May my Empire rule you and your minions forever

Ahem...I think you mean MY Empire...minion

August 20, 2010 4:01:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Only Beta is over. Clash of opinions, battles of will, Great Walls of Text, Eureka moments, silliness and beers will continue for some years in this forum (more in others). Plus, we get to beta test the expansion packs if we preorder then.

August 20, 2010 5:10:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Wintersong,
Only Beta is over. Clash of opinions, battles of will, Great Walls of Text, Eureka moments, silliness and beers will continue for some years in this forum (more in others). Plus, we get to beta test the expansion packs if we preorder then.

As Winter says, we are just getting warmed up.  This should be one wild ride, IMO, and we're just cresting the first hump!

August 20, 2010 6:34:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can barely contain my excitement! Ever since I first played Galciv I thought a medieval magical wizardly wondrous zappy thingamajig-type-game would be a lot of fun. Elemental (from what I played in beta) has turned out even better than Galciv did in my opinion. Stardock seem to keep topping their previous releases every time

August 20, 2010 6:48:08 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

...yeah, yeah whatever...

Am i the only one not exited about hearing that the game will be out on 24, like it was already said before, and that the "update" impulse nags us about is not really available?

Sorry, my Grump-o-meter seems to be going crazy lately... I'm out of here for everyones good.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+