So I just uninstalled IconPackager from Impulse and now almost all my icons are blank.
Not my Windows icons but all icons from installed program .exe's.
Shortcuts that are linked to them are also blank eg. on the desktop.
And some icons like .dll and .xml, even PhotoShop .psd's are now displayer as a colored shield like the one from Windows Firewall
Even the ones IP didn't even change before are messed up, like a 'screw you!' revenge after being dumped by the user.
I have the same problem on my laptop, and friends of mine are having this problem too.
I tried five different methods:
- odnt_zapper.exe (didn't work)
- Rebuild and repair the icon caches with IconPacker (didn't work)
- Installing TuneUp and Rebuild/Repair icons from there (didn't work)
- and I removed the IconCache.db file from C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local (didn't work)
- Manually create a .reg file and restore some of the Windows 7 icons. (no change so far..)
Like I said IconPackager screws up all your icons!
Re-installing Windows is not an option since I am on vacation and my friends are blaming me for this because I hooked them up on IconPackager.
Please someone tell me there is a working fix for this?!
OS: Microsoft Window 7 Ultimate x64
Latest IconPackager as of 16/08/2010 from Impulse
EDIT: I found a fix!
Go to 'Start' open run command, type in Regedit.
In the new window of Registry Editor go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shellex and delete the subkey/folder 'IconHandler'
Problem solved, have a nice day!