Stardock

Is the stardock team amazing or is it amazing?

By on July 19, 2010 8:20:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TCores

Join Date 02/2010
+13

Here's a hypothetical here: does working a 12 hour day just to get a beta out so the community can test it not immediately qualify for the suggestion that they are very hard working and dedicated?

What about if they worked 12 hour days for two weeks straight, then worked the weekend too?

That suggests to me that they are, in fact, not merely dedicated but composed of some kind of diamond-infused super-flesh, instead of normal human flesh.

This post is not for the business of ass-kissin' (not that they don't deserve it) but for the very good reason of highlighting what an amazing job the team from Michigan is doing. It sucks to work extremely hard and not get recognition for what you're doing.

I understand Brad stays there right to the very end. That makes him a good guy: usually, the manager making you work til you drop buggers off around five every day.

Cari is of course extremely hard working, and somehow manages to answer questions over IRC even at 1 AM EST. I wouldn't even be coherent.

Kyro is also doing hard work. Did you know, every time he does a bug roundup, he has to read through every single post on the beta forums? I couldn't imagine having to do that day in, day out.

I'd thank more of you, but I don't know who else is working on the project! Show yourselves for purposes of your fans lavishing gratitude upon you.

Locked Post 55 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 19, 2010 8:26:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Suck up!...

I have to say kudos for all the efforts ... ya all are as crazy as us fools hitting refresh when we looking for a patch ...

July 19, 2010 8:39:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have to admit that I was getting really discouraged about my ability to even play this game when .804 came along and I couldn't even launch the game.

Then .90 came out and I could play again without disabling my sound card, I found that one out around .806.

I am officially extremely excited about this project again.

There are still some graphics issues to resolve, but I have every confidence that the good people at Stardock can do it!!!

Thank you again for all your efforts, especially over this past weekend!!!

July 19, 2010 8:47:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

yep i vote Amazing! thanks guys(and gals).

July 19, 2010 9:01:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll vouch for the amazingness of the Stardock team. You guys rule! Thanks for everything!!

July 19, 2010 9:07:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting ,
<snip> does working a 12 hour day just to get a beta out so the community can test it<snip>
Damn! They are rushing the game!

Stardock is amazing!!! But being a fanboy my opinion shouldn't be considered at face value.

July 19, 2010 9:13:37 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I gotta say I'm very impressed. The performance from 3B to 3C for me has been incredible, just did 45 turns and there was no notable performance loss while in 3B I would get slowed down around 5-10 turns into a game. Amazing, keep up the good work!

July 19, 2010 9:14:44 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks, everyone, it's really nice to be appreciated.

July 19, 2010 9:17:54 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Technically some of the days have been longer than 12 hrs.  But we don't like to complain/brag. 

July 19, 2010 9:20:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Post like this really brighten our long days (and nights)  Thanks so much, everyone.

July 19, 2010 9:24:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

TCores hands out karma stickers to everyone with a dev tag.

July 19, 2010 9:43:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting TCores,
TCores hands out karma stickers to everyone with a dev tag.

Hell with that we should be ordering them Little Caesars pizza LOL..

July 19, 2010 9:45:16 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Steven does too.

Best regards,
Steven.

July 19, 2010 10:02:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Twohawks,

Quoting TCores, reply 10TCores hands out karma stickers to everyone with a dev tag.

See, now that's a plan I could get behind. Pizza for the devs, courtesy of the forums!

July 19, 2010 10:09:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How are the liquor laws in Michigan? We could do a prepaid delivery of great quantities of booze?

July 19, 2010 10:11:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeaaah I don't normally jump on the bandwagon for these sorts of threads buuuuuuuut...

Thanks. Especially for the night you guys put in for the release of 3b. And for having so many out spoken employees. It's nice to  know about the team of people who are toiling away so I can waste an afternoon in my pj's getting yelled at by the gf.

July 19, 2010 10:23:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes, kudos to everyone at Stardock.  This the most stable version I've played I'm in a game to turn 103 now and still going.

Plus I've seen a little polish, I actually heard some footstep soounds when my peons were moving. heh

Plus the AI seems to be going from brain dead to semi competent.  I had a sovergin take over one of my towns and he was launching 1 footsoldier at at time toward me.  Was hard to make it to the town since all these footsolders were all over the place.  When I finally got there he had 6 more footsoldier sentied in town.    I burned 5 of them to death first round...errr Burn is a bit overpowered Brad et all  

All in all it's getting better.

Augerman

July 19, 2010 10:59:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm in for the pizza idea... The Elemental team has really gone above and beyond.   Excellent Job!

July 19, 2010 11:28:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Truly dedicated and gifted people, making an amazing product; thank you so much!

July 19, 2010 11:37:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Seriously thanks dev team for all your hard work I love the game thus far. Hopefully we can all get some more testing done for ya.

July 19, 2010 11:42:52 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Twohawks,

Quoting TCores, reply 10TCores hands out karma stickers to everyone with a dev tag.

Or maybe even good pizza.

July 19, 2010 11:48:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm going to bask in these positive energies a bit to try and get a second wind Thanks guys!

July 19, 2010 11:56:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Quoting Twohawks,
reply 11

See, now that's a plan I could get behind. Pizza for the devs, courtesy of the forums!

If someone over at Stardock wants to set up a "Pizza Fund" paypal account, I'm sure some people would chip in

Anyway, you all are amazingly awesome!

July 20, 2010 12:08:09 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thank you guys and gals at SD for working hard at all sorts of crazy hours (I can see some from IRC). You're doing an awesome job and we certainly appreciate all the effort!

July 20, 2010 12:09:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yeah, about the IRC, I was there the day 3B came up. I was expecting them all to bail as soon as it started to go up, but some of them stuck around for quite a while just to make sure it was working properly. That was Friday night, I think (timezones are not my forte).

And then, they all started popping up again on Saturday.

And then again on Sunday.

And Monday.

Etc, etc, etc.

Quoting ,

[...]

I'd thank more of you, but I don't know who else is working on the project! Show yourselves for purposes of your fans lavishing gratitude upon you.
It would be nice to get a "Who's who" with Name/Position/Nickname.

But yeah.

Stellar, stellar job.

July 20, 2010 12:14:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have yet to pre-order but plan on doing so in a moment, been following the title sense it's announcment waiting for the time to see how it has come along. All of which is nothing but spetacular, I even put this into my clan for notice and so far many are following suit in interest. We are looking to host our own server for this game and as usual stardock delivers. Well done frog and team, no doubt you guys are always on top of the titles you assist in developing and making them the best they can be Really looking forward to this one!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002485   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+