Stardock

set one click only for icons in fences

By on March 25, 2010 5:10:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dalfonso01

Join Date 03/2010

Hi,

is there a way to set the one click start for icons in fences only ?

Thanlks

Fabio D'Alfonso

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 25, 2010 11:51:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can change this globally in Windows, but this is not a setting in Fences. To do this in Windows Vista/7, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options and select click items as single click, then click ok. In XP, you can get to Folder Options from an explorer window via View -> Folder Options.

March 25, 2010 1:04:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I found a tool (Desktop Icon Toy) which apply its changes only to desktop icons so I combined the fences with the setting to activate the desktop icons with one click ang got what I was looking for.

Hopefully this can be useful also for others. I had problems with some .bat based shortcuts of some Oracle products which were not working  when used within accelerun (a launcher for XP) and needed to put them on the screen an a convienent way.

The combination of fences and Desktop Icon Toy was the solution.

Thanks

Fabio D'Alfonso

April 8, 2010 11:28:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice find.  I'll have to point people towards that one.  Might also prod Jeff about adding this functionality to Fences.

April 6, 2012 1:28:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would love to see this "one click to open icons within fences" functionality added. Any chance we could see it soon?

April 6, 2012 11:50:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd like to be able to have a shortcut point to a particular fence. Would be useful in DesktopX. 

April 6, 2012 11:51:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also, having a fence show the contents of a folder would be awesome. WorkShelf does this.

April 7, 2012 11:52:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

A note to users thinking of using Desktop Icon Toy with Fences. I've taken the plunge and invested in both this easter break, and although some elements work, they're not without their bugs. I have found the following problems;

• DIT's "Dance Icon" is cool, but conflicts with Fences scrolling when using the mouse scroll butto and if the mouse cursor resides over an icon. An undesired dragging effect is had on the icon that's currently being hovered over. 
  • DIT's Single clicking desktop icon does work, but Fences "Sort Fence By" will not register icon execution with a single click. Single click effectively disables Fences sorting ability.
  • Considerable slow down is experienced when moving icons about.

A really easy solution to all of this would be for Stardock to implement single clicking in Fences Pro.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+