Stardock

Favormod 1.8 - release date 5/2/10 - new items, units and towers

Whats new with 1.8

By on January 30, 2010 12:33:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric

Join Date 07/2009
+47

Here is some of whats been done for 1.8.

Babylon golem - changed to a single golem unit which has a 6% lifesteal aura, 1250 health, 5.2 movement speed, 100 attack damage, .47 attack speed

Hellfire:

The units are ranged minions that grant an aura (radius 15) which adds 12% mana every 10 seconds (at lvl 1 this is about 90 mana). Up to 4 will be able to be summoned. 250 mana cost and 30 second cooldown. Units will have 700 health and high movement speed, doing 25 damage per shot.

Thumper:

Summons tower (perminant) which does area damage every 4 seconds and will set off frost nova on armor proc - 10 % chance. Towers summoned at higher lvls will have higher health and damage. No TOL beam function. Still in balancing

Fireball Tower now has scaling damage and maxhealth. Archer functions are being removed due to rebalancing.

Vortex is being changed to a tower type. This tower on armor proc will vortex all nearby enemies. another ability may yet be added.

Also for 1.8 i will try to get working a new shop tab. 2 consumables will be added from favour items at request - silence totem and slow ward.

Also adding mods:

Skirmish Ai - peppe - V1.9

Bman's Godlike Team Panel v1.2.3 by bman654

Rollover Ally Info v1.4.2 by Chirmaya

Always visible health and mana text by gunblob

*NB if the authors have any qualms about this please post and i will remove.

I think these ui mods are awesome, and will even out games played with ppl who do have these mods activated on a regular basis.

Skirmish ai was added as it provides a much more solid ai and for games with drop outs and rq's, the match might not be over. This mod also provides a rich single player experience.

6 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 31, 2010 9:35:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Another New Unit:

Vortex Tower:

Aura 6 seconds -radius 15, teleports all nearby enemies to the location of the fortification.

Aura 3 seconds - radius 17 - does area damge (still in balancing)

February 5, 2010 7:56:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Vortex Tower:

Aura 6 seconds -radius 15, teleports all nearby enemies to the location of the fortification.

I'm very lost as to the meaning of this. When you activate this favor item, it sucks all nearby enemies to it?

Is it like a black hole that you can't escape from for 6 seconds ... or does it just suck them over once?

February 5, 2010 7:57:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

forums go boom.

PS - You must post in this thread if you read the release date as May 2, 2010

May 17, 2010 7:52:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

what is so off about that, i mean it is may

May 18, 2010 6:09:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

5/2/2010 could also be read as 5th of February 2010 depending where you live.

May 21, 2010 9:50:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Exxcentric, I played in a comp stomp yesterday, and I took the babylon golem. It worked fine, and was super awesome until I reached level 20 and then it wouldn't let me summon it after it died. No messages or anything, but clicking the button or hitting f4 did nothing. I'm not sure why, I'm positive it was not on the field, and I had plenty of mana. I'm guessing something in the scaling mechanism was broken because I was level 20 with like 5 artifacts

Or maybe because it skipped a stage of development. It lived for quite a while, and when I resummoned it, it skipped a stage of growth.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+