Stardock

Windows 7 and "Change Icon" in right-click context menus

By on January 12, 2010 6:20:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

RedFlint

Join Date 01/2010

Hi everyone!

I just purchased IconPackager 5 and I have a strange problem with it. I just can't figure out how to change a particular folder's icon like IconPackager is suppose to do. (My OS is Windows 7 32 Bit french)

I've ticked the box to activate the right-click option in the context menus like in the image bellow:

Then I click on "Apply changes" and close IconPackager. After that, I do a right click on a folder to change it's icon but as you can see on the picture bellow, the option "Change Icon" doesn't appear in context menu:

And to top it all, when I re-open IconPackager, the "Change Icon" option box that I ticked is now unselected.

Can someone please help me on this one?!

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 15, 2010 4:02:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same prob!  And now when I click 'properties' then 'icon' then 'change icon' the activation window pops up and it won't activate.  Can't believe I paid for this:(

March 15, 2010 4:03:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BTW I DO have Impulse installed and it verifies that IP5 is installed correctly...

March 15, 2010 5:06:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ugh!  IP5 won't let me change icon size either.  And when I want to view in IconDeveloper the same activation box pops up

April 12, 2012 6:33:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same problem as the OP Redflint. I've installed IconPackager 5 via "Stardock Central", but my right click context menu's remains unchanged. Specifically, I'm after the options "Show 'Change Icon' option in right-click context menus". Currently running Windows 7 Home x64.

Not too sure what to do.

April 12, 2012 9:15:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The "Change Icon" option does not work with folder options due to OS restrictions.  You should be able to change it through Right-Click | properties | Customize  or through IconPackager.  

April 12, 2012 8:53:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Zubaz, great support!

April 13, 2012 8:41:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Finally got to check out this program further, unfortunately I got a little excited, as it doesn't have the feature I was after... Here's what I'm hoping can be added to future releases.

I'm working on a objectdock for bookmarks, and most bookmark images are tiny and need replacing, so it'd be great to have a one stop shop to manage bookmark icons with.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000438   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+