Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Windows 7 and "Change Icon" in right-click context menus

By on January 12, 2010 6:20:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

RedFlint

Join Date 01/2010

Hi everyone!

I just purchased IconPackager 5 and I have a strange problem with it. I just can't figure out how to change a particular folder's icon like IconPackager is suppose to do. (My OS is Windows 7 32 Bit french)

I've ticked the box to activate the right-click option in the context menus like in the image bellow:

Then I click on "Apply changes" and close IconPackager. After that, I do a right click on a folder to change it's icon but as you can see on the picture bellow, the option "Change Icon" doesn't appear in context menu:

And to top it all, when I re-open IconPackager, the "Change Icon" option box that I ticked is now unselected.

Can someone please help me on this one?!

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 15, 2010 4:02:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same prob!  And now when I click 'properties' then 'icon' then 'change icon' the activation window pops up and it won't activate.  Can't believe I paid for this:(

March 15, 2010 4:03:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BTW I DO have Impulse installed and it verifies that IP5 is installed correctly...

March 15, 2010 5:06:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ugh!  IP5 won't let me change icon size either.  And when I want to view in IconDeveloper the same activation box pops up

April 12, 2012 6:33:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having the same problem as the OP Redflint. I've installed IconPackager 5 via "Stardock Central", but my right click context menu's remains unchanged. Specifically, I'm after the options "Show 'Change Icon' option in right-click context menus". Currently running Windows 7 Home x64.

Not too sure what to do.

April 12, 2012 9:15:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The "Change Icon" option does not work with folder options due to OS restrictions.  You should be able to change it through Right-Click | properties | Customize  or through IconPackager.  

April 12, 2012 8:53:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Zubaz, great support!

April 13, 2012 8:41:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Finally got to check out this program further, unfortunately I got a little excited, as it doesn't have the feature I was after... Here's what I'm hoping can be added to future releases.

I'm working on a objectdock for bookmarks, and most bookmark images are tiny and need replacing, so it'd be great to have a one stop shop to manage bookmark icons with.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002563   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+