Stardock.com ‚Äč

how to auto hide the object dock

By on November 8, 2009 12:01:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

abhishek_tu...

Join Date 11/2009

how do u do this since the dock is quite irritating when another window is open and..... i tried checking the autohide from right clicking the objectdock but the dock disappears quickly after the mouse goes away from it and it takes quite a while for the dock to reappear after placing the cursor on the top edge of the screen ... how can i modify these timings or an alternative procedure plz

thanks !

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 8, 2009 12:15:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

on the Tiles and the Zoomer dock just right clik on an empty spot and click on auto hide

for tabbed dock right click on an empty spot then click on tab settings then click on Positioning then put a ckeck in the box

to show dock as drawer....

Edit geuss I should have read past this >>> how to auto hide the object dock

do what he/she said below also Note under the General tab click on Performace Option and put a check by I paid for this RAM,

please use it ..... IF you have the RAM to do it ... if not leave or check the I have 256MB one.... and put slider to Recommended

all info is for OD+

November 8, 2009 12:15:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you like it hiding off screen and needing to be moused over to get it to reappear then what you can do is use the slider near the bottom of the config window and adjust the amount of time it is set to take to reappear.

if you'd rather it just hid behind other apps but was still showing on the desktop when you shrink those apps down then set it to "Hide in background when not in use" and set the slider to "Disabled"

and now that I typed all of that I think of the fact that this is how to go about it in the OD+ version but it has been awhile since I've used the free version so I'm not sure if that differs any.  Not sure which you're using but hopefully it helps.

December 2, 2009 6:56:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm trying to figure out what "Hide in background when not in use" actually does. When it is enabled, the bottom of maximized windows rest just above the dock. Having no system activity doesn't seem to have any effect either. It acts as if it is "always on top". The other option, "Hide off screen when not in use" acts the same as "Auto hide" which is a fall-back alternative. But I would like for someone to explain what the "Hide in background when not in use" option is supposed to do... and whether there is a known issue with it not working as designed?

THANKS

December 2, 2009 7:13:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hide in background when not in use puts OD at desktop level, with open windows on top of it. To hide off screen when not in use would make it dock offscreen and return upon mouseover.

February 21, 2010 6:07:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is it at all possible to make the dock autohide AND be always below maximized applications all the same time? I like when it's hidden, but I hate it when I work on something important and the thing just pops out whenever my cursor nears the edge of the screen. In older versions I could set it just as I wanted (always on bottom + autohide), but now this option is not in the list, regular autohide keeps bugging me when I work and the other options keep it on the desktop.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+