Stardock

Diplomacy News - Dev Posted Here

By on September 5, 2009 5:24:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Tkins

Join Date 10/2008
+12

I updated the title to be more accurate of the content of the thread.  Thanks for the responses so far IC and Community. Keep it comin'!

OLD

OK, I see tons of info for other games, ME2, assassins creed 2, etc etc.. Where's my IC Sins Diplomacy news!!

I've tried to be patient but it's been over a day... i'm gonna lose it!!!!!

Pray for tkins

113 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 5, 2009 5:51:44 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

hear hear!

actually, looking at the schedule, i'm pretty sure the first look at diplomacy could have been today at 100 pdt. it still might be tomorrow. http://pax.stardock.com/

September 7, 2009 12:18:49 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Diplomacy was shown for a bit. There wasn't a lot to show visually since it pretty much just deals with diplomacy unlike Entrenchment that had the starbases And it wasn't playable. We did see a screen that shows all the treaties between players, and the new Diplomacy tech tree that's going to be unique for each race (apparently, Vasari are sticking to their enslavement roots).

Beta this fall. You could preorder it at PAX, but it looks like they didn't throw up the preorder page yet on the Impulse store. Yarlen and Zoomba were both there and they're like the main publishing guys so probably next week

September 7, 2009 5:39:01 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I am going to be disappointed if Diplomacy has only a new diplomacy screen and a diplomacy tech tree, particularly after waiting for over half a year without any news.
And I am going to be HORRIDLY disappointed if there is no balance patch seriously on the way after that much time!
Half a year of SD/IC employees popping up in various threads, always sounding like they're keeping a whole deck of Aces in their sleeves, yet never giving out any info.

As kryo wrote :

Just because IC doesn't have anything to announce right now doesn't mean they're doing nothing--it just means it'll be that much bigger and spiffier when it's ready for public eyes
We will see.

September 7, 2009 7:53:18 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thanks for the info Annatar

I believe a Fraser said that pirates would also be improved on this expansion, anything on that?

September 7, 2009 8:23:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They didn't have anything concrete to show on pirates at the show, but yes, they'll be getting changed.

I am going to be disappointed if Diplomacy has only a new diplomacy screen and a diplomacy tech tree, particularly after waiting for over half a year without any news.
And I am going to be HORRIDLY disappointed if there is no balance patch seriously on the way after that much time!

Well, now that I'm actually awake. There is a balance patch waiting to be released shortly. I believe Blair said it's ready, they just didn't get to release it due to PAX. I'd expect it this week or next.

And, technically speaking, Entrenchment was just 1 tech tree and no new screens, it's what that tech tree does that matters It looks like there will be different kind of treaties, and he did specifically say that you'll be able to give AI missions finally.

September 7, 2009 8:33:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

JiggleBum Coalition, yes this is Haree here, I demand that you destroy Tescos Basics Armada now and I will give you a couple of Assailants in return.

Tescos Basics?  Yes it's your pal Haree, help me annihilate them backstabbing JiggleBum guys please, I've had enough of them, I'll throw you a few assailants in return.

muhahahahahaa....muhahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.....HAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAH!! *caugh**caugh* *ahem*

September 7, 2009 8:43:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And, technically speaking, Entrenchment was just 1 tech tree and no new screens

Technically, Entrenchent was just one tech tree, three different starbases upgradable with various gadgets, assault cruisers, mines and a whole new layer of strategy they bring.
And with Entrenchment we WERE being decently informed.
Here we had no info for the past 6-8 months and all kind requests for some resulted in an increase of even less informative posts.

As I said - IF .... then I'll be ... .
If a balance patch worth the time they took with it is nearing completion, all is fine. I trust it is so, because IC has so far been one of the more competent developers around the industry.
I have, however, seen good developer companies starting to act like thieving liars (Relic, CA) so I prefer to stay pesimistic. Better to be positively relieved than utterly disappointed.

September 7, 2009 2:24:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So nothing was announced? No info? I've been scrounging all the gamesights I can and not one mention, no article at all on Diplomacy. Guess I won't be buying it

September 7, 2009 3:10:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tkins,
So nothing was announced? No info? I've been scrounging all the gamesights I can and not one mention, no article at all on Diplomacy. Guess I won't be buying it

Yeah, I'm finding this all VERY strange. The weblogs I read all of the time haven't mentioned Sins at all, or barely any Stardock coverage. Just a brief preview of Elemental.

I've tried google searches and more, and found nil. It's all very strange, considering they said there would be a grand unveiling at PAX, and they made a subdomain to cover PAX coverage... and then didn't put anything on it.

September 7, 2009 4:53:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tkins,

That's some very odd reasoning..

September 7, 2009 5:27:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Why preorder with my money now for a game I know nothing about? I'm going to use that money for another game.

Only so many dollars to spend

September 7, 2009 5:37:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Patience, the release is still far away. Though it is strange that the whole PAX thing isn't even mentioned on the news site. Then again, it has never been very up-to-date

September 7, 2009 5:43:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

Quoting Tkins, reply 8So nothing was announced? No info? I've been scrounging all the gamesights I can and not one mention, no article at all on Diplomacy. Guess I won't be buying it
That's some very odd reasoning..

I think everyone is showing some level of frusration to the lack of info.

BTW me thinks.... the use of 'betas" is far to prevalent in game development, hire more people to test your game THEN release it. We are becoming (not that its forced on us but...) paying testers.

September 7, 2009 6:27:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting wbino,

We are becoming (not that its forced on us but...) paying testers.

I dont mind

September 7, 2009 6:34:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

We are becoming (not that its forced on us but...) paying testers.
As long as it's called "preorder now and join the public beta", it's ok.

Creative Assembly sold their three last Total War games in what turned out to be pre-beta state. That's shit.

September 7, 2009 7:35:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There was a fair bit of info at PAX including pamphlets, interviews and demos. I think you can see some of the demo on youtube that was taken unofficially. I know more will be going up but everyone is recovering from the weekend and enjoying the holiday

September 7, 2009 8:40:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_bHIDRAnA

Alright I'll calm down and see if anything else comes out.

Notice how it says "Battleships improved"?  Wonder wha that means.

September 7, 2009 8:49:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Tkins,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_bHIDRAnA

Alright I'll calm down and see if anything else comes out.

Notice how it says "Battleships improved"?  Wonder wha that means.

oooooh were do you get more of that

September 7, 2009 8:50:10 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There was a fair bit of info at PAX including pamphlets, interviews and demos

thats fan-f******-tastic for those of us that couldnt be there... thanks so much...

I think you can see some of the demo on youtube that was taken unofficially.

oh, wow. PART of the demo, that had to be released unofficially on YouTube for people to see. Pirates 1/Ironclad 0

I know more will be going up but everyone is recovering from the weekend and enjoying the holiday

I hope so. I realise everyone is tired after the expo etc... but honestly... the above mentioned info is MORE THAN USELESS for those of us who couldnt be at PAX for little reasons like living in a different country. Im not going to look at that YouTube video because i can wait for the official one, but throwing me that bone to appease me is just insulting. Why hunger and search for scraps when i am entitled to an actual meal? (Exuse the rather arrogant analogy)

I can only hope the info released after your holiday makes up for it, beause i can imagine the faith alot of people have put in you previously is now hanging by a thread. I know mine is.

September 7, 2009 8:51:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Oh I see now that it says "Damage Increased"

Also, later on you see there is an envoy cruiser mentioned and an ability to lower allegiance over time.

September 7, 2009 9:05:32 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Relax, Rezonator. They didn't even think they'd have an actual live build to show off at all, and if you knew how many hours they worked to get it ready to show something at PAX.. hell, Blair hand-delivered the thing.

No it wasn't playable but what did you expect to see? It's not like Entrenchment where you can just show a Starbase for the WOW factor. Hell, Entrenchment wasn't playable either. They just showed you the TEC starbase and TEC mines. That's it.

September 7, 2009 9:22:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

anyone else think its weird that diplomatic upgrades provide damage bonuses?

September 7, 2009 9:24:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting eoncommander,

Maybe you're hiring sabeteurs

September 7, 2009 9:28:35 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting eoncommander,

try getting a closer study of the enemy ships allowing for better targeting and damaging effects. And the Kol is a top of the line ship so it gets all the good intel

September 7, 2009 9:30:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i can buy that, i guess. but why not all the caps? doesnt really make sense to me

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001110   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+