Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Fences Issues in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

By on August 9, 2009 8:06:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Elvisman2001

Join Date 02/2008

I love fences. Worked like a treat in Vista Business 64 bit. Over the weekend, I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Love the OS.

I installed fences and immiediately started noticing things. For one, the fences no longer constrain my icons to a single row. For instance, I like to place all my game icons on the right side with a long thin fence where the icons are arranged one above another and scroll down with the side fence scroll bar. But now, it will not constrain the icons to just 1 icon no matter how thin the fence is... it still wants 2 there side by side even if it is out of view.

Another issue I am noticing is that if a program causes my screen resolution to change (like a game), when i come back to desktop, the fences are all out of whack until I refresh the screen.

I know Windows 7 is brand new and Fences is offered free, but I really do love it and just wanted to make you aware.

11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 12, 2009 12:38:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you installed with the standalone installer you may want to grab Impulse and update with it.  The latest Fences build in it should address some of these issues.

August 12, 2009 12:06:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Shirley,
If you installed with the standalone installer you may want to grab Impulse and update with it.  The latest Fences build in it should address some of these issues.

I installed with impusle and it says it is up to date. I have the issues even with the latest version.

August 13, 2009 1:22:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello

Windows 7 professional 64 bit is not available as an upgrade or full product yet, not until Oct 22 2009.  Are you running the Win7 ultimate RC1? or have an active technet subscription? or illegal build software?

Just Curious

August 13, 2009 6:17:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GigaByte69,
Hello

Windows 7 professional 64 bit is not available as an upgrade or full product yet, not until Oct 22 2009.  Are you running the Win7 ultimate RC1? or have an active technet subscription? or illegal build software?

Just Curious

I got it through my work through a university.

It is Windows Pro 64 bit.

It is a legit copy via an MSDN subscription.

August 15, 2009 3:41:53 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No worries

August 21, 2009 2:54:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Darn it!

Anyway... sigh. Windows 7 is out on RTM. A lot of major companies can get it right now. I will point out: How do you think theirs already drivers for Windows 7

Got Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with key. (Which is the necessary part... MS wants key money. >.>)

Just Installed Fences, and can confirm it does not run at allll, or rather it does, you can't see em! Lol.

August 28, 2009 5:21:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm running x64 RTM and installed Fences and never had a problem.

Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) is actual the Windows 7 Ultimate build 7600.  It is/will be the same as the retail version of W7 Ultimate.  I downloaded my copy from TechNet.

August 28, 2009 11:51:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting BishopLord,
I'm running x64 RTM and installed Fences and never had a problem.

Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturing) is actual the Windows 7 Ultimate build 7600.  It is/will be the same as the retail version of W7 Ultimate.  I downloaded my copy from TechNet.

Can you collapse the fence horizontally so that it makes a single row of icons? because when i have it installed, it just pushes any icons to the side and out of view. It ALWAYS wants them to be at least 2 icons side by side, even if it is off the edge of the fence.

Then, I still have other issues as I mentioned earlier.

My copy of Windows 7 is as legit as I can get. It's the copy everyone has in the office via MSDN.

My issue isn't that it wont run at all. It is just acts like my wife on her period at times.

August 31, 2009 1:43:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having a similar problem...

I'm running the RC1, x64.

Fences used to be fine, but now it "forgets" which fence an icon was in, and my desktop is even more cluttered than it used to be, since the fences are empty and icons are everywhere.

Tried changing resolution, rebooting, etc. No luck.

September 5, 2009 6:25:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dont know if it's a same problem but when i uninstalled it my computer games goes off the moniter now ALL of them. i did nothing to them at all besides uninstall the fences i tried resolution, reboothing, etc nothing work so fences jacked me up

September 5, 2009 7:54:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

As has been mentioned in your other post(s) you need to email support@stardock.com and start a trouble ticket. It was also mentioned that Stardock are off for the Holiday weekend and won't return to work until Tuesday morning.  They will get to the support tickets as soon as they can.

For one thing, Fences did not 'jack you up' and posting this numerous times in several post will not get your issue resolved.  Please email support@stardock and you will get assistance.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+