Stardock

Two Fences Issues

By on August 6, 2009 3:23:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

robcaldecott

Join Date 08/2009

I have just installed Fences on Windows XP SP3 and I love it.  However, I have two issues:

• I cannot place icons on the right-hand side of my screen.  For example, my Recycle Bin usually lives in the bottom-right hand corner, but it moved as a result of installing Fences and if I drag it there it slides back over to the left.  I can place a fence on the right hand side, but not normal desktop icons.
  • I run with large fonts enabled and the text on most of the Fences dialog boxes is clipped.  I can supply screen shots if required.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 6, 2009 5:16:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just create your own fences as per your requirement on the left or anywhere on the screen , then just drag the recycle bin icon out of the fence and place it on the right bottom, I believe you have selected the option of default fences where the program creates its own layout.

Im using the latest updated version of fences for a while now and never had any problem !!

August 6, 2009 5:58:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My Recycle Bin icon wasn't fenced - I can't put any icons on the right of the screen unless I fence them.

September 8, 2009 10:14:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Double check that "Auto Arrange" is unchecked for the Desktop.

Right click the desktop.... View... Auto Arrange should be unchecked.

September 8, 2009 10:51:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just installed version .99 and my ability to place icons in a fence went away.  I tried turning off auto arrange, turning it back on, turning off grid, all off etc.  But my fences will not accept any icons.  The funny thing is, the ones i created in version .96 actually still worked. 

I have Windows Vista 64bit.

Thanks.

Hollow

September 8, 2009 11:32:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

hollow1ne: did you reboot after the update?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+