Stardock.com ‚Äč

Quick Question about the version you play

By on July 10, 2009 4:23:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Sethbeastalan

Join Date 06/2008
+6

I just want to know if anyone who own Entrenchment plays the original any more (and the reasons). I also want to know if anyone plays past versions of Sins/Sins Entrenchment because they don't like the updates.

The only reason I'll ever load the original is to look at the title screen with the original opening music or to play on a computer that I can barely run the original on and won't dare try the expansion.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 10, 2009 5:36:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

are you talking about sins 1.00 and entrenchment 1.00?

July 10, 2009 5:46:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

There's nothing I outright preferred in the vanilla Sins to go back to it... IMO, Entrenchment improved the game in about every aspect and overall has a better since of offensive and defensive balance [though Im sure plenty here would find a cause to disagree]. 

Last time I probably played it was for about 5 minutes by accident at 3am. Missed the Entrenchment link

Dr.Gonzo

July 10, 2009 9:45:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'll play regular Sins if there aren't any online multiplayer Entrenchment games up and I notice that regular Sins games are waiting for players to join.  Sadly, that means having to close Entrenchment and then having to load regular Sins.  If I decide that I want to play the game I also have to reset my keybinds since regular Sins stopped remembering my keybinds after I installed Entrenchment.

July 10, 2009 11:26:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

never go back to regular sins except to watch the intro movie again . that seems to be the general consensus.

July 11, 2009 12:12:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The only thing I dislike about Entrenchment is the theme song that plays in the menu.  Starbases and mines can occasionally be a pain, but the gameplay improvements brought by these units far outweigh the occasional annoyances.

July 11, 2009 1:16:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@guywhowritesgoodstoriesandplaysfungames You can watch the movie in entrenchment, just turn cinematics on.

@Darvin3 Totally agreed with the theme song, wish there was some way we could change that, but I don't think mods work on the menu.

July 11, 2009 6:59:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

@Darvin3 Totally agreed with the theme song, wish there was some way we could change that, but I don't think mods work on the menu.

Go into your Sins main directory.

Go to Sins/Sound folder

Copy the file 'Opening Theme'

Go to Sins/Entrencment/Sound folder

Paste 'Opening Theme' overwriting the orginal.

Make a backup of the Opening Theme if you so desire.

July 11, 2009 7:08:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually since there isn't a Sins mod for entrenchment yet, I play vinalla sins. Otherwise, I play entrenchment.

July 11, 2009 11:59:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Sethbeastalan,
@guywhowritesgoodstoriesandplaysfungames

im giving u karma, just for that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+