Stardock

Problem with the store for Entrenchment

By on May 5, 2009 1:10:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thoumsin

Join Date 03/2008
+80

I wish to buy a Entrenchment version for someone other... and pay using pay-pal...

I have try to follow the methode show at http://islanddog.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=169132 ... once i reach the page show below,

I try to edit the "shipping to :" for put the info of the recipient... this lead to a error page... i think that the problem is due to the fact that Entrenchment exist only in digital download form...

Can you modify you store in a way that it accept a recipient different from the guy who pay in case of digital download... in the next few weeks, i need to buy 8 digital version of Entrenchment and one digital version of sins itself... maybe more in the future...

Hope a fast reply... the first entrenchment version was promise to someone for tomorrow !!!

By the way, i know the method "you can register the serial number manually" but i don't wish that the recipient of my gift know problem/difficulty... it will be more simple to modify your store for allow digital download to have a shipping address like physical product...specially when no physical version from the product exist !!!

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 5, 2009 3:03:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

When you add to the cart and go to check out, the first page should have a check box that reads something like "This order is for another person....".

May 5, 2009 5:38:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Only with credit card, not with paypal ...

Changing the shipping address was not a problem for product who can be shipped ( by example a sins boxed version ) but it don't work for Entrenchment since only a digital download exist...

Once i try to change the shipping info, i have :

Stardock Store Page Error.

Sorry, there was a problem loading this page.

If you would like to reference this error, please email sales@stardock.com and include the
reference number "73d7c0cc-f6a3-4350-8659-da52a6951156".

Have try other product with digital download and have always the same problem... by the way, i have no credit card, only a debit card...

OK, find the solution... when checkout, don't directly click the paypal button... just make all the credit card process and at the end only, select paypal...

Have just buy a entrenchment version, will see if the guy receive it...

Maybe Stardock need to add that in case of gift, never check out with paypal but checkout with credit card... only select paypal option on the last page...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+