Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

my next project

new website + music player

By on April 16, 2009 11:28:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

madman22

Join Date 09/2004

After finding out my new classes, i realized i will have plenty of time to start work on a new project.  I have decided to create a new website for myself.  I have been hosting a website on my home computer for a long time now, and the current edition is not only old and ugly, but non browser safe.  I use my website to host all of my music so i can listen to it while at school (or anywhere).

The current edition uses a customized QuiXplorer to list all of the music i have.  I also use XSPF music player to stream music.  I made a playlist system by automatically adding an entry to an xml playlist file when a user clicks a link, but the user would have to refresh the player to relode the playlist.  The site is hacked together in many ways, part of it on a godaddy server, the rest on my home server.

So, plans for the new version:

Create a template

Create a login system

Create a music listing with search capabilities.  Might still use my modified QuiXplorer for this, not sure.

Find or create an on the fly playlistable flash music streamer

What i will be using:

GIMP, Notepad++, Synology NAS with built-in php+mysql webserver

I will post updates as i progress through this project

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2009 12:14:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

best of luck

January 18, 2010 5:29:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello,

How did this proceed?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+