Stardock

my next project

new website + music player

By on April 16, 2009 11:28:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

madman22

Join Date 09/2004
+1

After finding out my new classes, i realized i will have plenty of time to start work on a new project.  I have decided to create a new website for myself.  I have been hosting a website on my home computer for a long time now, and the current edition is not only old and ugly, but non browser safe.  I use my website to host all of my music so i can listen to it while at school (or anywhere).

The current edition uses a customized QuiXplorer to list all of the music i have.  I also use XSPF music player to stream music.  I made a playlist system by automatically adding an entry to an xml playlist file when a user clicks a link, but the user would have to refresh the player to relode the playlist.  The site is hacked together in many ways, part of it on a godaddy server, the rest on my home server.

So, plans for the new version:

Create a template

Create a login system

Create a music listing with search capabilities.  Might still use my modified QuiXplorer for this, not sure.

Find or create an on the fly playlistable flash music streamer

What i will be using:

GIMP, Notepad++, Synology NAS with built-in php+mysql webserver

I will post updates as i progress through this project

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 17, 2009 12:14:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

best of luck

January 18, 2010 5:29:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello,

How did this proceed?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+