Stardock

Kilts And Daggers

No More Neutral Namby Pamby

By on March 29, 2009 12:01:24 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums External Link

Snarkotamus

Join Date 02/2007
+41

Enough of this "let's all get along" malarky. We're here to conquer!

GIT-R-Done!

H ey, remember how Ben Hogan discovered the secret of golf? Well, I've just discovered the secret of ToA, and it has NOTHING to do with Race Behavior 3! It can, in fact, be implemented using powerful custom races that you create using the in-game setup screens!

Join this Empire in it's quest for 25 Million Points, and I'll show you the way the the 3-Million point character!

The Twilight Pub is the bothyn of good-natured ToA stooshie. In other words, it is a place to fool around with different ideas, try various ToA tech trees, and completely disregard the competitive aspects of the metaverse. The empire is open, so anyone can come and go as they please. We're just here bumpin our gums and acting like blootered windae-lickers.

The former TwP logo shall remain:

Thanks to CL for the TwP logo!

210 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 10, 2009 9:08:08 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks, CL!!!! And great job on the TwP Forum redesign! The logo I put there is temporary, until I make one that looks like....well, let's make it a suprise.............

April 10, 2009 5:07:54 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

*bump*

Well, I managed to squeeze some more points out of the Korx.

Not even one econ boom the entire game, and I was playing as neutral alignment this time. The +50% purchase-now reduction was great, but the map was not so good. Still, not too much micromanagement required for the points. All in all, I rate this experiment as a success. I believe another thimble of single-malt is in order!

April 10, 2009 5:13:40 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

The small, furry, merciless mercenary strikes again! Who had an "accident" this time, lol?

April 10, 2009 5:35:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

*burp*

I'll hae ta check me notes on that one.

*belch* *hiccup*

I posted yer new logo in the OP. Great job!!!!!

April 10, 2009 7:29:41 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Great picture you have there.   I like it.  There are some other famous pictures "Dogs playing Cards" or "Dogs playing Pool", I thought would be kool for a Pub too. 

How did you know I smoked Cuba Cigars?

April 11, 2009 9:24:07 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I'm never goin drinkin with the LentzLandians after a game again! Their women are a menace. Nothin weignin that much has any business swingin around from the rafters and throwin bladed weapons around. An I hae no problen with their "pin the tail on the Jessuin" game, so long as it is nae MY tail that they're attemptin t' use. An they had this one exceedingly large woman named Helga who kept jumpin up on the table an takin credits t' remove revealin bits of her armor. I had t' spend half the Shathi treasury payin her to put em' back on! I dinnae think she cared much fer me joke about chewin cud. I felt like a player in the Beowulf movie, what with her leapin around pullin the arms off of fellers and all.

Edit: In case you do not read the Journals section of the GC2 forum, you should be aware of this:

I have now verified, quite by accident, that the ToA planetary governor will, indeed, fill up my planets with industrial sectors if I make the error of adding a factory to it's cue. I am pretty sure, at this point, that it will do this with any upgradeable structure as soon as the upgrade tech is researched.

April 13, 2009 1:18:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My latest effort. The only real difference between this game and my 1.1 mil game was that I got the econ event about 15 months later in this game. Well, I also went neutral rather than evil. I had fun with the TA version of the MCC in the last two games, but overall I think neutral is the strongest choice in TA, particularly if taken early.

I'm going to star a game using the Korx now and see what my accident-prone, wee furry friend is blatherin' about. I'm pretty excited to try the Korx actually!

April 13, 2009 3:23:10 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting clanlindsey,

My latest effort. The only real difference between this game and my 1.1 mil game was that I got the econ event about 15 months later in this game. Well, I also went neutral rather than evil. I had fun with the TA version of the MCC in the last two games, but overall I think neutral is the strongest choice in TA, particularly if taken early.

I'm going to star a game using the Korx now and see what my accident-prone, wee furry friend is blatherin' about. I'm pretty excited to try the Korx actually!

Woohoo! Another 5-Star performance!!! Now you have 2 of the top 3 characters in the metaverse! I can't wait to see what you can do with a 50% discount on everything.

While you are doing that, I am going to move my experimenting back into the Immense Galaxy! To make it even more challenging, I'm using Loose Clusters! Yeeehaa! No particular point to it, just seems like fun. Less planets, but it will play faster.

April 13, 2009 6:52:14 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

~slides over his water dish and food bin and paws at the lever to dispense his supper~

Hey guys.  Poking my snout in here for tomorow when I'm bored at work...at least it'll show up on my recent posts.

Dushku in S&M outfit on last week's Dollhouse....~sighs~

April 13, 2009 10:15:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

may i buy a round for the house?  you guys are not only kickin' ass but having waaay to much fun doing it.

jack,

reporting from UNC

April 13, 2009 10:39:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Phooey, the experiment did not work so well:

It played fast, though!

I know a Count Dushuku. Any relation?

Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot. I found the pic of one of the Lentzlandian Dancing girls!

Sadly, all of the Lentzlandian women look like this. It goes a long way towards explaining why the men spend so much time in Altarian bars!

Rounds for the house are gratefully accepted! Thanks!!!

April 14, 2009 8:51:59 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Welcome Jack & Loup! This is just the Twilight thread though; make sure you actually stop by the Pub - (here)

April 14, 2009 10:11:39 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hey, Cl. I wanted to thank you for hiring our new barmaid, Helga! She is a treasure-trove of fascinating information! Just this morning, she was tossing crickets into the vat of boiling oil, and came up with this hilarious informative demonstration concerning the Paulos, and their instinctual compulsion to leap after flying insects! I never knew they could jump like that! I kinda wish she had not sat the Paridians next to the pot, though. All that high-pitched shreiking was sooooo annoying first thing after breakfast. hehe...err...oops

April 14, 2009 10:49:23 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

LOL. Yeah, she certainly livens the old Pub up a bit. We may have to invest in cooking lessons though. I didn't want to admit this to you, 'cause I wanted you to take a shine to her, but just last week she was trying to make Drengin stew....but when she she couldn't find any celery stalks she showed some real initiative and used Yor charging stalks instead. How was she to know that they were the critical power junction for the Iconis system? The entire population of their star system just powered down. I sent some Dreadnought Relief Cruisers with occupation forces utility workers to see if we could help. We're busy colonizing effecting repairs right this moment. The Yor make great scrap metal are resting quietly until we can recycle recharge them.

April 15, 2009 6:57:48 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hehe...err....oops. I guess that explains the new purple cookware. The new kitchen appliances look good, too! She seems quite proud of her redecorating efforts. I just saw her dancing around in the alley singing one of those catchy Sweeny Todd songs.

I understand that she's quite adept at the new poker table! She does correctly understand the Snathi term "Bring me their nuts! We must have more nuts!", right? I only ask because I can't find any of the paring knives, and we have those oysters on the menu that the Drengins like so much.

April 18, 2009 12:33:00 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Metaverse is down
Ashes drift in leaden sky
Winter in my heart

While we wait, the Twilight Pub is sponsoring a Haiku competition to express our feelings on the loss of the MV. Post your best and most anguished haiku's here, then we'll combine them and send them to Brad and SD. Perhaps a poetic expression of our loss and grief will move them to rescue us more than a spittle-flecked, harshly-intonated, long stream of obscenities....wait, let's make that a haiku too...

Spittle flecks his chin
Teeth gnash, obscenities pour
Venomous river

No, I like the first one much better.

+1 karma for those submitting a haiku! +3 for the winner. Sound right to you guys?

April 18, 2009 1:08:12 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Meta, love now lost

Renewed Interest for mods

Playing evermore

April 18, 2009 1:52:09 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

stardock has failed us;
the death of the metaverse
goes un-eulogiz'd.

April 18, 2009 7:12:34 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

In lieu of an actual MV score:

This Immense Galaxy experiment worked better than the last one. This galaxy size produces better scores, but also uses more memory. I noticed a significant slowdown from years 4-7 compared to the same timeframe in the Gigantic Galaxy.

Now I will go load my 2228 savegame and try to produce another 300k. I doubt I can due to the way the game was set up, but it is worth a try.

April 21, 2009 4:24:05 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Yay!!! The MV is back. The Haiku competition worked!!!

Now everyone make sure you create several reserve games to play in case the MV crashes again.

April 21, 2009 4:35:31 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well my joy was very short-lived. You can access the MV page from these forums now, but trying to post new game results creates a ""The metaverse server returned an unrecognized response. Please try connecting again later" message.

Trying to start a new game results in the same message as well.

April 21, 2009 6:29:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting clanlindsey,
Well my joy was very short-lived. You can access the MV page from these forums now, but trying to post new game results creates a ""The metaverse server returned an unrecognized response. Please try connecting again later" message.

Trying to start a new game results in the same message as well.

This means they have made progress! The box-o-wires has to be plugged in to return the unrecognized response!

April 21, 2009 6:41:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting clanlindsey,
Yay!!! The MV is back. The Haiku competition worked!!!

jesus....don't do that.  i'm old, i couldda had a heart attack 

i'm afraid until the demigod proxy servers are up (friday?) we'll see no action.  

edit:  Snark...i recieved a different message today when trying to login.  maybe they are making progress.

April 21, 2009 7:00:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Jack - I actually injured myself today when I got the news. I sat down to the computer, opened my email, and there was an email from David Marquis at SD technical support saying the MV was back up and that my work ticket was now closed. It was so completely unexpected and such welcome news I reflexively and involuntarily threw my hands up in the air and cheered, much like you do a in sporting event when your team scores. However, my left hand didn't quite clear the lip of the desk and I crushed several fingers as my hand slammed into the bottom of the desk at 90 miles per.

My wife was actually watching me and got to see the whole incident. She was sympathetic to my pain but mirthfully admitted that it was one of the funnier damn things she'd ever seen.

April 21, 2009 7:17:56 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Hehe...that gave me a good laugh.

And good to see some progress has been made!

Kzinti empire2.JPG Sentient species taste better...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000938   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+