Stardock

WindowBlinds and Comodo

By on March 28, 2009 12:21:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ruddrage

Join Date 11/2004

Hi Guys,

I've currently using a demo version of WB via Impulse and I’m going to buy it in a couple of days when the trial expires. The problem is that I'm running Vista 64bit and using Comodo for my firewall and Comodo and WB seem to have some compatibility issues. I have tried loading Comodo up 1min after the PC is in Vista via the Task Scheduler but the Comodo exe crashes. If I set WB back to the default Vista theme and reset then Comodo loads up fine and I am then able to change themes without any problems.

My question is, is there a way of setting WB to load a theme after a set number of minutes after loading to the O/S as I am sure this would fix the problem.

Thanks

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 28, 2009 12:54:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Have you tried excluding Comodo in WB Conifg's 'Change the look of an app' section?
March 28, 2009 2:40:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Daiwa you star

Just tried it and it works like a charm.

Thanks

March 28, 2009 3:23:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Broken clock's right twice a day. Glad to help.
April 1, 2009 3:50:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This isn't limited to Comodo either.  If anyone is having trouble with WindowBlinds, adding exceptions in security software, or TEMPORARILY disabling it are good troubleshooting steps.  Make sure to turn the software back on though if there is no change.

April 20, 2009 1:48:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I still think that Stardock should be concerned that windowblinds wont work with Comodo Firewall, this programme is one of the most important Apps on my PC. ///     There should be a firewall exclude Button are regards the Interface ????? on Windowblinds

I had to reinstall to fix   Your firewall MUST work corectly ahead of anything else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 21, 2009 12:04:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

stardock can't test every single app out there and make wb compatible for every one of them so instead they put in a fix to not skin apps that crash. Are you also complaining to Comodo that its not compatible with wb? i meen does it take that much effort to add your must have comodo to the list?

April 26, 2009 8:36:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Make sure both WB and Comodo are up to date. Recent versions of both software work together more nicely than older versions. I'm running both on my XP system without any major troubles.

It's kinda unfortunate that something as important as a firewall program thinks it's a good idea to add a lot of extra code in something like a custom skin. Just more code to have bugs in it, you know,

April 27, 2009 2:42:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Im running comodo on vista 64 with np from WB..might be hardware related or something..

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+