Stardock

[Fix]Sins V. 1.14 minidumps on start

By on February 20, 2009 8:21:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

GoaFan77

Join Date 10/2008
+530

Sins V. 1.13 started fine, but now that I've updated it, it minidumps before the Stardock/Ironclad video begins. Were we supposed to uninstall sins for 1.14, I thought that was just for the beta. I think I may have had a mod on autoload, if that could be the source of the problem...

25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 20, 2009 8:26:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

...same issue.  I had no betas on mine.

February 20, 2009 8:29:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Do you mean no mods? I don't think anyone with the beta would be getting vanilla 1.14.

February 20, 2009 8:31:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey Goa...same here!

Only I went further than that! I uninstalled the entire sins directory and reinstalled V1.14 ONLY THROUGH Impulse and guess what!!!!!!!

FAILEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

Currently testing by deleting EVERYTHING SINS(including the Ironclad Games Folder where you put mods and all...)!

February 20, 2009 8:33:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

if u have a mod to on start up, take it off via going to directory and go to user and it's like the 30th line of so....

February 20, 2009 8:44:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had a pretty virgin copy and it's still dead. 

Without this game I may be forced to go out in the light and meet people.  The horror.

February 20, 2009 8:44:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Same here. No Mods. Minidump before opening vids.

February 20, 2009 8:48:07 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

same deal, I deleted my mods, but I had none on autoload.  Deleted my user data too. Still crash. think it might have something to do with opening vid?

February 20, 2009 8:50:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Hey ShadowMastiff, I was going to try to check out your latest dome/CTF mode before this happened. I'm partly glad that this is a pretty common problem though. Hopefully someone will figure it out soon.

Hopefully it will be fixed farily quickly SuperWaffles. Otherwise, I hope you like your new "friends".

I hadn't thought of that Astax, though I don't see where they could mess up with that. Most games crash before intro videos when something goes wrong with initial file load, so I assumed that was the problem...

On another note, has anyone succsessfully updated to 1.14?

February 20, 2009 8:53:53 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I uninstalled everything as told; have no mods, and I'm downloading as we speak.  Guess I'll see in a couple hours if it works for me or not.

February 20, 2009 8:55:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK I FIXED IT!  You must remvoe all your non original sins maps from the sins/galaxy folder. It appears they added new labels that are required, somethign about population count 3 blah blah blah.  I had the show errors activated and  I deleted/moved all the maps it spit errors about.

February 20, 2009 9:00:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And here are examples of the error messages:

Text FileArchive missing Label.

File: .\Galaxy\Small Random Map-Obs.galaxy
Label: normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Population
Line Number:10
Line Contents:homePlanetUpgradeLevel:Population 3

Label: normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:CivilianModules
Line Number:11

Label: normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:TacticalModules
Line Number:12

Label: normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:ArtifactLevel
Line Number:14

Label: normalStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Infrastructure
Line Number:15

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Population
Line Number:16

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:CivilianModules
Line Number:17

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:TacticalModules
Line Number:18

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Home
Line Number:19

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:ArtifactLevel
Line Number:20

Label: quickStartHomePlanetUpgradeLevel:Infrastructure
Line Number:21

Label: recommendedGameTypeCount
Line Number:22

Label: metersPerGalaxyUnit
Line Number:23

Label: pixelsPerGalaxyUnit
Line Number:24

Label: useRandomGenerator
Line Number:25

Label: galaxyWidth
Line Number:26

Well you get the idea

February 20, 2009 9:05:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Thats bizarre, is their an easy way to download the original galaxy folder. I had it backed up, but obviously its from the old sins version. Anyone else able to fix this problem by deleting/changing maps?

February 20, 2009 9:24:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It's worked for me but I've lost my saved games as expected...

Next question is obviously when will the next Galaxy Forge be released so all us mappers can re-release our maps?

February 20, 2009 9:24:37 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, a new Galaxy Forge is forthcoming.

February 20, 2009 9:30:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

YAY

February 20, 2009 9:37:13 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

That worked!

Thanks Astax.

February 20, 2009 9:44:46 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Blair Fraser,
Yes, a new Galaxy Forge is forthcoming.

This news more than makes up for having to try to figure this out. Thanks Blair.

February 20, 2009 9:55:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just FYI... there are TWO galaxy folders... the aforementioned folder AND one under "My Documents > User_Name > App Data > Local > Ironclad Games > SoSE > Galaxy"  Removing those files should allow you to create maps in-game until the new GF comes out.

February 21, 2009 10:22:10 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Just so people are aware, you have to remove every map that wasn't modified on the day you updated the patch. So on the discription of the file most of my maps were modified on 2/19/09, but there were a few that were not modified on that day. I had to remove all maps I made plus the old non-pirate maps that were added before there was the "no pirate option" under "game options".

February 21, 2009 12:20:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have never made any maps, played no mods, and I still get minidump crashes in-game. 

February 21, 2009 12:27:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I had delete all my saved games and recored games also. Try that.

February 19, 2010 6:36:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have just bought the game, no save files, no mods, nothing. Just Sins Trinity. Minidumps me after 10 mins?

February 19, 2010 7:38:25 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Year...old...thread...for...old issue.  Make...new...one.

January 1, 2011 10:32:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The same here for me. I get a minidump just trying to install the game!

It doesn't get as far as even asking me for my serial number, which StarDocks is usually pretty hot on, so I think that is significant but I don't know why. My rig has more than adequate specs and I am using Windows 7.

January 1, 2011 2:17:50 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting cmcastl,
The same here for me. I get a minidump just trying to install the game!

It doesn't get as far as even asking me for my serial number, which StarDocks is usually pretty hot on, so I think that is significant but I don't know why. My rig has more than adequate specs and I am using Windows 7.

Are you installing it from impulse?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001219   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+