Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

GTA 4, Games for Windows Live, Rockstar social club and DRM issues.

stupid drm scheme inhibt the enjoyment of my game playing experiences.

By on January 24, 2009 1:20:44 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

elias001

Join Date 03/2006
+1

Hello Everyone,

This is going to be my first rant/bitching about how DRM scheme interferes with my gaming experience.  As some of you know my on the impulse SD channel, i am pretty netural about things like SecurRom/Starforce.  Previously when i purchased games like Fallout 3, The Witcher or X3 Terran conflict, they all have their share of the aforementioned DRM scheme.  It never intefere with how i enjoyed my games, because it is pretty unnoticeable.

However, after  purchased my GTA 4, i realized to my rude realization that i have to go online to do some pain in the ass activation, I was annoying as hell, because if i did not have internet connections, i would not have been able to play the game.  I said fine, whatever, even though i read that it installs some crap securom programs on my comp and i might not able to get rid of even though with secruRom uninstall i downloaded.   I said okay, fine again whatever, as long as i get to play the game.

Then..i realized that something call Rockstar Social club was installed, i thought this was something like gamespy mulliplayer logon client, so i uninstalled. Well lo, and behold, my game won't run, telling me i needed that to get the game to run.  I went installed again, then telling me that i can't save my games UNLESS I CREATED AN ONLINE ACCOUNT on that stupid social club thingie.  and also i need t have games for windows live.  That just push me to the corner.  I said "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS"  I am sorry for my language, but i have been playing games since the old NES days, and i never in my life have i not been able to save within a game.  This is jsut plain f**king wrong and pathetic.  So at the menu of GTA 4, i got a bunch of news from this social club thingie plus options to play soem stupid vides that other players have put up.  I have no problem with having a game allowing multiplayer, but don't push it on me making me feel like i have to do X, Y and Z, just to fulfil some reuirement to ensure that i did not steal this game, that i bought it legally, and that so i can have an opportunity to save midgame.

So if i don't have internet connection, even if i play the game, i can't be able to save.  And when i play a game, i might not want to do multiplayer, even if it is offered.  Especially not for GTA 4, why, i play slowly with GTA 4, because i get dizzy from the control schemes if i move too fast.  So i can just ignore multiplayer, hence i don't care.   But..nooooo, they put a virtual gun to your head telling you. And if i want to play multiplayers, i go and play WoW, or anything else of my choice.

0 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000047   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+