Stardock

Real problems running

By on January 19, 2009 6:36:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TerryHughes

Join Date 01/2009

I installed Fences and all went well. However, when I drag an icon from the desktopto a fence, two popups appear: one for Explorer, and the other for Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. Both state "... encountered a problem and needs to close ...". The system then freezes, and I have to reboot. I've done this about ten times, trying drag&drop or cut&paste. After each reboot, the shortcut in fact appears in the target fence. About half the time, the same error popups appear right after booting, and I have to reboot again.

It is probably something unique to my setup, as I haven't come across anyone else with a similar problem--just thought I would mention it.

I have had to uninstall fences, and all is OK now. It's really unfortunaate, because I think this is an ideal desktop organizer, and I was really looking forward to using it.

TerryHughes

Ottawa

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 19, 2009 8:05:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

We can't fix it without data.

WHat OS?

What version?

What build of fences?

Any other (non-stardock) customizing apps running?

Can you check the event log for an error and post it?

January 19, 2009 9:59:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry--I wasn't really expecting help, as it seems my problem might well be unique to my system, and not worth anyone's effort to fix. However, I appreciate any attempts to do so.

In answer to your questions:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Fences v0.92.708

Stardock and Luca Saggese - LogonStudio Version 1.00.0064 

From Event Log:

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.5512, fault address 0x00032ee6.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.

I will be away from my PC until the evening (EST) Sunday, Jan 25

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+