Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Real problems running

By on January 19, 2009 6:36:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TerryHughes

Join Date 01/2009

I installed Fences and all went well. However, when I drag an icon from the desktopto a fence, two popups appear: one for Explorer, and the other for Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. Both state "... encountered a problem and needs to close ...". The system then freezes, and I have to reboot. I've done this about ten times, trying drag&drop or cut&paste. After each reboot, the shortcut in fact appears in the target fence. About half the time, the same error popups appear right after booting, and I have to reboot again.

It is probably something unique to my setup, as I haven't come across anyone else with a similar problem--just thought I would mention it.

I have had to uninstall fences, and all is OK now. It's really unfortunaate, because I think this is an ideal desktop organizer, and I was really looking forward to using it.

TerryHughes

Ottawa

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 19, 2009 8:05:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

We can't fix it without data.

WHat OS?

What version?

What build of fences?

Any other (non-stardock) customizing apps running?

Can you check the event log for an error and post it?

January 19, 2009 9:59:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry--I wasn't really expecting help, as it seems my problem might well be unique to my system, and not worth anyone's effort to fix. However, I appreciate any attempts to do so.

In answer to your questions:

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Fences v0.92.708

Stardock and Luca Saggese - LogonStudio Version 1.00.0064 

From Event Log:

Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.5512, faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.5512, fault address 0x00032ee6.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.

I will be away from my PC until the evening (EST) Sunday, Jan 25

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000281   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+