Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Here's a GOODY

By on January 5, 2009 9:11:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

boofus

Join Date 05/2001

Vista 32 bit:

Several fences defined on the desktop.   Open WINRar Archive.   Contents are three folders and three files.   Select them all and drag to "open area" (not fenced) of the desktop.    They copy but do not show up anywhere on the desktop.   Repeat the same  and try to drag them out of the archive again.   Get duplicate folder/file warnings.

But wait there's more    (as the say on TV)!!!!

Open the desktop from within explorer.   Can see TWO of the folders from the .RAR PLUS all THREE files.  Other folder is not showing.   This is from the explorer window pointing to C:\Users\xxxxx\Desktop   (xxxxx = User Name).   

I delete the two folders and when I do, the three files (from the original archive) pop up on the deskop (but not within any fence)!!!!!!!     COOL!!!!!   8-)  

Have not tried to duplicate this.

Regards

B F

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 5, 2009 9:59:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Update:   

It is "reporducable".  However, second time did NOT notice the "missing folder" as the first time.   Un-RAR'ed three files and three folders and they all appeared in the Explorer window.  I deleted the three folders and once again the three files popped up on an unfenced area of the desktop.

Good Luck

B F

January 5, 2009 8:15:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

boofus - lol nice bug. does this problem go away if you reproduce, and then right click the general area of your desktop and choose "auto arrange"? Also, XP or Vista... and multimonitors? or one. i'm assuming one. thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+