Stardock

Icon not visible in System Tray Dock (Object Dock Plus)

By on March 31, 2008 7:34:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Joerg_0815

Join Date 03/2008
Hello Support,
 If I login with the normal User right in my PC I see no Icons in the System Tray Dock. If I change the rights to Administrator and login again I see the Icons in the System Tray Dock but I will work as normal user. What can I change to see the Icons also as normal User?

Thanks
Joerg
13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 31, 2008 11:46:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
What OS are you using? XP, Vista? Also what version of the software are you currently on?
April 1, 2008 1:11:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hello,
I use XP SP2 and object dock plus version 1.90 Build 535u.
April 1, 2008 11:22:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I tried that out and could not get it to occur. Do you have any security applications running? Even popup blockers or adaware?

Also are your video drivers been updated? This might sound like fishing but truth be told it is. The most I have in my notes on issues similar to this are individual icons missing. Generally that occurs when one software type just hates ODP. Anyone else had this trouble?

Can you send me a screen shot?
April 2, 2008 2:24:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hello, I use nothing, no firewall no adaware and now popup blocker. Please let me know how can I send you the screen shots.
April 2, 2008 9:15:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
You can just pop them in here. If you like.

Kudos to DaveRI as I did miss something like this that we were testing way back when. My mistake was I tested this at home on my machine that has a few programs that always allow my permissions to function.

Make sure that you have admin rights on the user you are logged in as. Systray on XP does not want to display for limited users. I did ask for a work around some time ago but didn't get a responce back. My apologies for getting things backwards. Post back to me here and I will try to get an answer out later today.
April 2, 2008 3:35:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hello,
I find now button to upload images that you can see it here.

If I understand your reply correct, I need admin rights to see my systray in the systray dock. If that correct I can not hide the XP Taskbar because I have no admin rights on my office PC.

regards joerg
April 2, 2008 5:48:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
For the moment that is what I am saying. I left a message for the head developer on this software who was not in today. I will do a follow up with him as soon as possible.

The button you are looking for is the very last icon on the right with the picture of the mountain on it.
April 10, 2008 4:49:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
(psssst, Seabass....hear anything back on this? thanks.)
April 10, 2008 5:46:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Sorry for the delay in responce DaveRI. No I did not get anything back yet but with everything that is going on this is understandable. However it seems that through our testing you will need admin rights, or to run at least .exe of Object Dock as an admin to utilize the system tray at this time. If I get anything I shall post again.
July 23, 2008 12:22:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
"pssst" also from me. Any news about the problem needing Admin rights to use system tray icons? I have the problem that even starting the .exe with Admin rights, the system tray does not work. Only if i am really logged in as Administrator on my mashine i can see the system tray icons. thanks.
July 23, 2008 3:34:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Nothing yet I am afraid. Currently the new dock system is underway. With one part completed and the next due to be done soon it isn't known what is getting imported to full ODP version yet. Or what the next big jump will be.

So what that means is I don't know much.

However it also means that tons of stuff is getting written right now in the dock family. There isn't any telling what will come of it once the next project is done. I wish I could give you more than that but I'm not allowed to give out further details. I have also worked to find a work around for the system tray/admin trouble but thanks to Vista have found none. Should I hear a thing I will post very loudly.
July 23, 2008 4:22:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
ZubaZ suspects something Impulse or Dell dock-ish is in our future! 
July 23, 2008 10:52:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
To clarify I have made no promises. The new dock system I refer to is NOT for Object Dock Plus. When I reread that I can see that someone might think I was directly talking about Object Dock. The Dell Dock is just one of the variants like the Impulse dock that has srpung from the minds that made Object Dock. Even they don't know what is going into the next Object Dock. The only thing that I have been told is that ODP isn't done.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+