Stardock

Was reading forum and found ObjectDock Tray v2 addon.....??

By on March 2, 2008 4:25:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

liviococcia

Join Date 01/2008

I'm using ObjectDock 1.9plus, and have found i didn't like how the system tray was handled, so i read the forum and come across this addon 'ObjectDock Tray v2'

I don't know weather it's still fully compatible with my OD version, but i want to give it a go anyway. I've gone to the download website, but i don't understand where i should be putting the extracted file, as i can't find a 'Tray' folder to put it in, do i need to create it in C:\Program Files\Stardock\ObjectDock\Docklets

Any users help would be really great, regards

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 2, 2008 5:13:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
just to let anyone know, i created the 'Tray' folder in the location address above, and followed as instructed to add the 'OB Tray' docklet, it seems to be working, only thing is, as the docklet gets bigger i've found it's difficult to hover over a relivant running 'systray icon' to right clik on that service, maybe there's a way for that docket to be locked in the large view when the mouse rolls over it? regards
March 2, 2008 4:01:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Just for info, i've had to remove 'Objectdock Tray 2', i've been running it all day and it's been effecting the main 'Objectdock 1.9 plus' application, making OD and Windows XP sp2 crash, it's a shame because it's just what i was looking for, this is how i'd like the 'Systray' to be shown, i don't like the way OD 1.9 plus does it in the settings, if you have alot of items in your systray, all 'Dockets' size becomes reduced, and icons that are low quality really show badly.

I hope the 'Objectdock Tray v2' developer would pick up this addon again, and iron out these bugs, i have sent crash reports to the Stardock support team.

My Objectdock runs back to normal now i've removed 'OD Tray 2', but maybe the Stardock/Objectdock developers can look at how the systray is dealt with, maybe with more options.

Does anyone know where the 'system tray' in windows resides, does windows place these shortcuts to a folder within the operating system somewhere, or is there a freeware app that shows the 'systray' in it's own program
March 2, 2008 7:39:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
http://wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=3916&libid=29
March 3, 2008 2:14:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hello Bichur, i've been using this version, and it doesn't work properly (see my last post), i just need some simple app/utility that will allow me access to the systray icons from somewhere else other than the windows OS taskbar, somthing i can place as a docklet on OD 1.9plus

regards
March 3, 2008 2:49:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I've just come across a bit of shareware called 'SystrayX', i'm going to see how it performs over a couple of days, but it looks like this could be just the right bit of software i've been looking for, you can bring up your 'System tray' as a menu on the desktop using a hotkey combination.
March 3, 2008 11:58:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I got no skill/knowlegde with OD+ - been using Nimix' since I use the free version

did a gallery search for 'Objectdock Tray v2' but nothing came up... didn't realize you were using v2 from the other site

can't remember if the docklet was made for 1.3 or 1.5 - last update to it was may, 2006

March 4, 2008 4:39:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
v2 works like a charm here - od+ and xpsp2

Ruben
March 24, 2008 4:00:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
You might wanna try the beta... http://nimix13.ni.funpic.de/tray/
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000282   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+