Stardock.com

Help in using backgrounds!

I'm no computer geek and don't asume so

By on November 25, 2007 3:45:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

cool_plant

Join Date 11/2007
Like I said, I know a very minimal amount of computer knowledge.

I just downloaded ObjectDock and love it. However, I found a few nice backgrounds in Wincustomize. I downloaded them, as instructed.

However, now I have a file named as a .dockzip. How do you extract that? When I try just extracting it, it doesn't recongize it. Mind you, I'm not doing anything except clicking extract.

What should I be doing?
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 25, 2007 12:32:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Try the following article by Island dog: ObjectDock: Changing the Background Theme
November 25, 2007 12:44:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
The article doesn't talk about dockzip files. With the dockzip, just double click it and it will place the files in the ObjectDock Library, located in your my documents foler (hopefully). Then, follow Island Dogs article and you should be golden.  
November 26, 2007 12:50:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
When I doubled clicked, I got an error, saying it couldn't recongize the file or something.

I then, trying to figure things out, changed the default opening program and now I can't even get it back to default... thus making my problem worse.
November 26, 2007 1:07:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
to open a dockzip file, the best thing to do is open the objectdock settings window, then on the left click on themes, then click the import a package button, once the browse window opens navigate to where you saved the dockzip and click it. usually a window will open asking you to agree to something then the contents of the dockzip will be extracted and placed in your objectdock library. for other background just place then in your objectdock library manually, this can be found in my documents...stardock...object dock library and then in the corrosponding folder. eg backgrounds etc etc. once you have done that the background should then be avaliable in the background select section of objectdock. (you may have to close the settings window and then reopen it for them to appear). i hope this helps you
November 26, 2007 1:30:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Thank you! That worked perfectly!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+