Stardock

system tray fix

By on July 24, 2007 3:00:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

techman619

Join Date 02/2006
Anybody having problems with the system tray here is your fix. It is a problem within the registry. Download a program like Registry Mechanic and run it. After it's clean install objectdock and poof the system tray shows up. I tried so many solutions my head was spinning. It'll work guaranteed!
3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 25, 2007 12:21:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
well it was fixed but something happen and now it isn't working again. I'm gonna try doing the same thing and seeing if it wont work and figure out where i went wrong. If anybody knows the exact problem please let me know. I've got stardock plus 1.9 with windows xp pro sp2. good luck.
July 25, 2007 4:47:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
i too tried the registry mechanic. it found over two thousand errors and fixed them. however, the problem continued to persist. however, if you need a quick fix,you can check out this docklet.

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=3916&libid=29

one tad problem: it seems to crash objectdock every x amount of minutes.
August 4, 2007 3:27:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hey guys,

Check out my post on the message: http://forums.stardock.com/?aid=159068#1273257

Feel free to try the steps in there and see if any help. Judging by post #1 here it sounds like the MCP might be the problem. The MCP a piece of software that comes with Stardock Central that used to help with tray stuff but is being phased out...but still is there for some and can get in the way. DesktopX and ObjectBar still use it right this moment but they are being updated as well to make use of better technology to get their system tray data.

Let me know how it goes if you do try out the steps, thank you!!

Best Regards,
-Jeff Bargmann
ObjectDock Lead Developer
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+