Stardock

Mini Dump error

By on July 20, 2007 6:49:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Join Date 03/2006
+4
Every time I try to load a game I get a recurring Error it is as follows:
C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Iron Clad Games\Sins of a Solar Empire\Mini Dump\Sins of a Solar Empire.exe[vb3.4][07.20][18.39]

then the game freezes and i have to start over anything that i can do to fix it?
13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 20, 2007 7:00:18 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Please send the minidump and save game (it will zip up really small) to support@ironcladgames.com and we'll take a look at it for you
July 20, 2007 11:35:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
thanks!
February 24, 2008 8:27:59 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
i have got another problem when i start up my game it immeiatly says i have saved a minidump. what should i do?
February 24, 2008 12:24:34 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
yeah me and my friend got that a lot too! we were playing lan yesterday and we could NEVER finish a round because of that problem. Either one of us would get that error in the middle of the game and if we tried to load, well it wouldn't work.. It's kind of frustrating that out of maybe 7 games, we haven't been able to finish a single one, which sucks because we really enjoy the game.
February 25, 2008 1:48:17 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I found a fix that works on XP and probably works on vista too. I detailed the fix and the reasons why i came up with it in my two posts on the following forum thread.

http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?aid=301153&p=1#1620320

it worked for me AND my friend who are running completely different computers. So, im pretty confident that this will solve the problem for anyone. It's a bit hands on on the windows configuration department but its 120% safe(yes 120%).

For those who dont understand the instructions well. If enough people have a hard time with figuring how to do it i'll try making a video instruction on how to do it.
January 2, 2009 7:19:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ya i have had like 5 mini dumps out of five games very frustrating

January 5, 2009 6:04:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Your link to the fix:  http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/?aid=301153&p=1#1620320

is broken, how about pasting it in the forum.

January 10, 2009 10:28:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Blair Fraser,
Please send the minidump and save game (it will zip up really small) to support@ironcladgames.com and we'll take a look at it for you

Out of curiosity, what do you do with the minidump?

is it like that when an app goes wrong it asks you if you want to error report to Microsoft?

April 10, 2010 5:21:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

OK, I am experiencing the minidup crash as well, but not at launch; it is occuring just after I commence playing a particular scenario. The game has been playing perfectly fine for about the past 4-5 days since re-installing it on my PC, then all of a sudden, MiniDump crashes as described above have started occuring, even though I have graphics & visual effects options turned down to their minimums?

May 28, 2011 11:12:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

for me it occurs when i try to upload a mod. I have Trinity and the file is in the right place. and in game it comes up. but when i try to apply the mod in game it crashes saying that the mini dump has been saves and then the game crashes. any ideas?

May 28, 2011 11:16:52 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Trinity/Diplomacy just got updated. This can mess up mods causing them to crash.

May 28, 2011 1:00:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i have the diplomacy v1.21 so its not that.

May 28, 2011 7:37:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Actually it is, as the mods may not be updated for diplomacy/trinity v1.21.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+