Stardock

How adjustable are the game speeds?

Research time, construction time, moving speed, ...

By on May 23, 2007 4:52:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

ReallyNotIn...

Join Date 03/2006
From Multianna's magnificent ingame videos (thanks!) I know that I don't like the relation of development speeds in SoaSE much.
Thus I'd like to ask: Can the player can adjust this at game-start?
I would e.g. keep the movement speed but multiply research time by 2 or 3 and production time by something of a similar magnitude.

In Multianna's video I can't see such an option so I'd like to suggest it. The setting is reasonably intuitive for almost all users and could perhaps be added to 'custom galaxy' window or something similar so it doesn't bother users who don't want to bother with it.
Besides lacking a down-side the proposal has the up-side that players can adjust the game to their style. There are users on this board who play in huge systems with many planets and absolute action-RTS style carnage and other players who play with just 6 planets per system and a completely different pace. Such a broad band of users would surely like to customize the game-speeds.

Regarding multiplayer my stance is that even though such a setting would split the action-oriented players from the slow-pace-slouchies I don't think that's a bad thing since those players wouldn't like competing with each other much anyway.
3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 23, 2007 5:17:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
Your welcome

About the adjustable time, i think i read Blair said somewhere, it will be possible,
but dont take my word on it. I cant remember it fully

But it has been adressed before.

someone might remember better then i
May 23, 2007 8:58:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
I'm certain you can adjust ship speeds, I've done it myself (adjusted decceleration to be the same as acceleration)
research I'm fairly certain is moddible
I'm not quite so sure about construction time... but I dont see why not

thing is that you would have to change the research and production and ship speeds each ship-by-ship or research-by-research

thats kindof annoying...
May 23, 2007 10:35:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums
He means applying a multiplier to a certain aspect (such as research, or build time). So, if you wanted a slow game, you'd keep it the way it is. If you wanted a fast game, you'd set research to x5, production to x3, resource collection x10, etc.

That would be an interesting option, but we've yet to see how they handle multiplayer so I can't really say much.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+