Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

What is the racial "Weapon bonus" good for ?

By on May 15, 2007 12:09:13 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

pdifolco

Join Date 03/2003
I'm playing the DA Drengin campaign, and my guys have a neat +40% "weapon bonus". Yet I can't find what its use !
In GC1 Weapon bonus was applied to ship's attack ,so a 20 attack ship with 40% bonus was 28 attack. In GC2 and DA, the weapons and ships always have the same stats whatever my weapons bonus.
I didn't notice neither any advantage to weapon size, cost or research cost.

So what's this bonus good for ?
2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 15, 2007 12:55:17 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
The increased attack will not show up when you design a ship or choose which ship to build. But when the ship is completed and flying around in space, it will have 40% more attack, exactly as it should. Though attack is rounded down to the nearest integer, so you need a ship with 3 or more attack to actually get an increase.
May 15, 2007 4:37:36 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums
Huh well sorry then... I was sure to have checked that my ships ingame did not have their attack values changed (and the last time I've checked they had 20+ attack).
Surely I've checked wrongly, sorry !
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+