Stardock

Object Dock Plus Alignment

By on March 7, 2007 1:55:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

jonkjon1959

Join Date 08/2002
Iam using Object Dock plus 1.50. I have it docked to the top edge and approxiamtely in the center of my screen. Whenever i finish running a direct draw application, OD+ always redraws itself to the left side of the screen. I have tried the "Lock Dock Position" option to no avail. While this is only mildly annoying it is annoying none the less. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks in advance.
17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 7, 2007 2:29:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
It had happened to me,when I played a game for example in different resolution than native(default) desktop resolution.
March 13, 2008 10:27:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I thought that maybe this issue would have been addressed in future releases but it still does this. It definitely is when a game or other application changes the resoulution and then restores it to native. OD tabs don't seem to follow suit when the resolution is changed back to default.
March 13, 2008 8:50:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Try updating to the 1.90 full release of Plus. To do that use Stardock Central but uncheck the "show pre-release" in the bottom of the screen. Then just click on the product name and hit update. Let me know if this is still an issue after updating and restarting the system. 
March 14, 2008 7:46:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Yes, this is still an issue with the 1.90.026 version. One game that comes to mind that causes this is Neighbors from Hell on Vacation. As mentioned, it seems to do this when the resolution is changed from the default and then back to the default. It only seems to be affecting the tabbed dock at the top center of my screen. This also did this on my previous computer.
Just for the heck of it, i tried the latest beta version as well and that too exhibits the same behavior.
March 15, 2008 12:49:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
What video card are you using and are your drivers up to date?
March 15, 2008 10:12:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I am running nVidia Geforce 8800 gts graphics card 320 mb, Intel core 2 cpu 6700 @2.67 ghz on Vista Ultimate. Drivers are up to date.
March 17, 2008 3:00:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Sorry I forgot to ask but what OS are you guys running? We tried this out on a few XP machines but it seemed to work fine.
March 17, 2008 6:49:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I am running windows vista ultimate 32 bit
August 20, 2008 1:56:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Has anyone looked into this any more? It's still happening. Almost any game that changes the desktop setting and then restores it causes the dock to be off center. My settings for the affected tabbed dock:

Positioning: Show as drawer (At top of screen)
Appearance: Use Zoom effect
Tab Alignment: Align Center
View: Lock Dock Position

Thanks.....

August 20, 2008 4:47:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I have tried a few games here and at home and can't replicate the issue. The dock always has to reposition itself (more like redraw but that isn't quite right) out of a full screen application but it shouldn't be totally misaligned. Please start up a ticket with us at support@stardock.com.

Press and hold the Windows key, press R and type the following into the Run dialog:

dxdiag

Once everything loads, please click the "Save all information" button and attach the output file in the support email.
August 20, 2008 6:32:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Here's a screenshot of the top dock offsest to the left......

August 20, 2008 8:29:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I don't mean to make light of the situation but a tabbed dock is a free posistion application. You can just click and drag it back to the center. What happens when you place this tabbed dock to the left or right side and run a game?
August 20, 2008 9:39:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I understand that this may seem a trivial matter. But, the purpose of most of your applications is to enhance the appearance and usability of the desktop is it not? Having to reposition this is a nuisance and certainly is not enhancing the desktop experience. While i can continue clicking and dragging the dock back to the position multiple times a day, it may just be easier to click once and turn it off.
As far as positioning the dock to the left or right, the same thing happens only the offset is obviously from the top to bottom rather than from side to side.
August 20, 2008 9:58:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
If you don't mind my asking, is your Vista machine an OEM or an XP upgraded to Vista?
August 20, 2008 10:08:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
It is an OEM from Alienware.....
August 21, 2008 2:09:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I was able to replicate some of this problem. Do you have the dock to be set as always on top? Also are you using multiple monitors? If so what monitor do you keep the dock on?
August 21, 2008 8:12:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Do you have the dock to be set as always on top?

No i do not have the dock set to always on top.

Also are you using multiple monitors? If so what monitor do you keep the dock on?

I am not using multiple monitors.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+