Stardock

A few questions...

How can I hide the ObjectDock icon in the Systray, and how can I make the dock un-centered

By on November 22, 2006 4:55:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Slippah

Join Date 12/2003
Hey guys, I just started using Objectdock today and I love what I've seen so far. All I'm using it for at the moment is to replace my Quick Launch menu along the Startbar. Because of that, I've got a couple questions.

I was wondering first of all how to hide the ObjectDock icon in the Systray. Since I can hide the Windowblinds one and the icons for all my desktop widgets, I figure there must be a way to do it. (I can't stand a cluttered systray)

Second, I was wondering if I could move the dock from being center-justified. It's not a tabbed dock, but I was wondering if I could move it up and down along the left side of my screen, since it kind of gets in the way when it's stuck in the center but if I could move it down closer to the start button it could be much better.

Thanks in advance!
15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 22, 2006 5:04:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
click on the object dock icon, object dock properties will allow you to change OD position.
November 22, 2006 5:19:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I was wondering first of all how to hide the ObjectDock icon in the Systray.

Can't be hidden.

November 22, 2006 5:37:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
click on the object dock icon, object dock properties will allow you to change OD position.

Under positioning I see the alignment menu, however it doesn't let me choose beyond Center, Top or Bottom. I don't want it at either extreme, just further down than Center. (I have the dock on the left side of my screen)

Can't be hidden.

Eeshk, that's kind of a drag...
November 22, 2006 6:22:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Under positioning I see the alignment menu, however it doesn't let me choose beyond Center, Top or Bottom. I don't want it at either extreme, just further down than Center. (I have the dock on the left side of my screen)

Yeah... I wish there was an additional adjustment slider for this also. Sliders for the X and Y axis would great. Maybe in time.
November 22, 2006 9:28:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Yeah... I wish there was an additional adjustment slider for this also. Sliders for the X and Y axis would great. Maybe in time.

Yup, you read my mind. Oh well, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something! Thanks for your responses guys!
November 22, 2006 9:43:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
OD+ has the features you're looking for ...and is well worth the investment.

Support for multiple tabbed docks, can be set to the side, downloadable custom docks, hide tray icon ...etc. etc.

Take a look here
November 22, 2006 9:53:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
can be set to the side

I love OD+, but that's not the slide we're talking about. I was referring to the slider in Positioning (standard dock) that moves the dock away from the edge. I have no use for that, but I could really use an additional slider for adjusting the 'Alignment'.
November 22, 2006 9:58:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
free dock

position top - slider somewhere between 'right on edge' and 'far from edge'

align left

I've never had a system tray ODock icon
November 22, 2006 10:04:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
but that's not the slide we're talking about.

..ah, ok ...I misunderstood

I'm a bit vague today ~heavy night last night.
November 22, 2006 10:21:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I've never had a system tray ODock icon

me either
November 22, 2006 10:50:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Sorry to keep posting, I'm struggling with this whole ObjectDock thing!
Is there a way to have your Systray as well as your Running Programs in the same dock? I can have one but when I select the other it unchecks it. Am I missing something?

And also, can I filter what programs show up in the Systray display? I don't really need my volume control... (I'm looking to replace the startbar)
November 22, 2006 11:51:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I use the free version - no system tray = so I use this

got no idea on filtering, I think I read somewhere = no
November 23, 2006 10:34:05 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Is there a way to have your Systray as well as your Running Programs in the same dock? I can have one but when I select the other it unchecks it. Am I missing something?

Nope

And also, can I filter what programs show up in the Systray display? I don't really need my volume control... (I'm looking to replace the startbar)

There's no filtering option, but if you don't want the volume control icon, turn if off.
Control Panel > Sounds and Devices > uncheck "Place volume control in the taskbar" > OK.

November 23, 2006 10:45:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Thanks so much for your help guys!

Another little favor, do any of you have a favorite digital clock docklet that you'd recommend?
November 23, 2006 11:15:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Nevermind, I found a fine clock in the Sysstats Pack.

In case you can't tell, I'm a little compulsive, and I felt I should point out that when you minimize Firefox from the application itself it doesn't show the screenshot in the dock, but when you minimize it by double clicking the icon on the dock it does. Weird I think.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+