Stardock

System Tray in ObjectDock

By on November 15, 2006 10:01:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

nkhatri50

Join Date 11/2006
I downloaded ObjectDock thinking that it would be a great replacement to the task bar. In most ways, it was. However, the only drawback is the lack of a system tray. This is so important to me that I uninstalled ObjectDock. If the system tray was added, this would be a phenomenal program. Right now it's at 4 out of 5. With the system tray, it's a 5 out of 5
9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 15, 2006 10:58:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
System tray support is a feature of Object Dock Plus, which is the purchased version.
November 17, 2006 4:28:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Hey, I recently (today) bought object dock plus and it works great except for the system tray icons not showing up. I'm on the newest version, 1.5 plus 528u.

Thanks,
November 17, 2006 4:51:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Never mind, I rebooted and it fixed itself. I had not rebooted since I installed the product. I guess that you need to reboot for it to work properly?
November 17, 2006 11:05:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Yes, after each update it should tell you that you need to reboot your system before some changes will take effect.
November 18, 2006 12:04:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
The trick is that the stardock master control program has to start before everything else and intercept all the apps that sit in the systray.

Makes sense?

So if you see sdmcp runnign, don't panic. Situation normal.
November 18, 2006 8:17:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I'm running v1.5 of ODP under Vista Build 5600 and the systray is refusing to show up in the dock for me. SDMcp *IS* running but I'm still not having any luck getting the systray to show in my docks. Any ideas?
November 30, 2006 10:41:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I might add, as soon as I saw my friend running the purchased version, I signed on that night and bought it. That was at the beginning of the year, and I still love it. Love the tray icons, love the SysInfo docklet. I travel a lot, and am in front of customers giving presentations or guiding meetings - I almost always get people who say "Hey, what's that Mac icon thing?" or "What's that cool icon menu you have?"

Thanks for a great product at a reasonable price.

November 30, 2006 11:40:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Running OD free, I use Nimix's ObjectDock Tray
December 7, 2006 3:01:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Thanks! I'll give that a try tonight when I get home. Hopefully it works under Vista.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+