Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Internet Connection Shortcut

again and again

By on October 12, 2006 4:02:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

robotob

Join Date 06/2004
Hi there,

sorry to bring up this issue again, but after I managed to somehow crash and recreate my theme, I don't get the internet connection short to work straight from the dock

- I tried to put a link of the network connection in a folder and drag&drop'ed this in the doc
- drag&drop the network connection in the dock directly
- created a link in the doc "{BA126AD7-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}"

but none of the worked for me
the icon is just flashing for some seconds, but the internet connection is not dialed ...

thx for your help,
mr_tob
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2006 4:34:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I use this since I use OD free.

October 12, 2006 5:02:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
thx for that quick reply !

but that's actually not my problem ...

I'd like to have a shortcut to my dsl provider in the objectdock, but as mentioned above, it doesn't work ...

btw, I bought the objectdock plus 1.3, cause I can't live with it anymore
October 12, 2006 6:09:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Apparently I won't know about DSL for about 5-10 more years.

On my dialup.. I use the docklet and I also pinned my connection to the start menu and then dragged that to the dock which also works.

consider this a bump   
October 12, 2006 6:35:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use this since I use OD free.

Just downloaded the docklet, works great! Thanks you for the tip....  
October 13, 2006 5:08:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Here's how I got mine to work (I'm on a fiber-optic connection, but the connection principles are basically the same as DSL).

Right-click on the shortcut you normally use and select "properties", then click the "General" tab.

Look at the "location" section. I have mine on my QuickLaunch bar, so this is the location of mine:

D:\Documents and Settings\Billy\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Yours, of course, will be different. Anyway, hightlight all of this, then right-click and "copy" it.

Now right-click the shortcut on your ObjectDock and select "dock entry properties".

Paste what you have copied into the "link" box.

Now, all that's left to do is add a back-slash, the name of your internet shortcut (the original one, not necessarily the same name as the one on your ObjectDock), and a .lnk extension (.lnk for link).

For example, my internet shortcut is named Heronet, so this is the full path of the shortcut on my ObjectDock:

D:\Documents and Settings\Billy\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Heronet.lnk

Hope this helps!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+