Stardock

Internet Connection Shortcut

again and again

By on October 12, 2006 4:02:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

robotob

Join Date 06/2004
Hi there,

sorry to bring up this issue again, but after I managed to somehow crash and recreate my theme, I don't get the internet connection short to work straight from the dock

- I tried to put a link of the network connection in a folder and drag&drop'ed this in the doc
- drag&drop the network connection in the dock directly
- created a link in the doc "{BA126AD7-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}"

but none of the worked for me
the icon is just flashing for some seconds, but the internet connection is not dialed ...

thx for your help,
mr_tob
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2006 4:34:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I use this since I use OD free.

October 12, 2006 5:02:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
thx for that quick reply !

but that's actually not my problem ...

I'd like to have a shortcut to my dsl provider in the objectdock, but as mentioned above, it doesn't work ...

btw, I bought the objectdock plus 1.3, cause I can't live with it anymore
October 12, 2006 6:09:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Apparently I won't know about DSL for about 5-10 more years.

On my dialup.. I use the docklet and I also pinned my connection to the start menu and then dragged that to the dock which also works.

consider this a bump   
October 12, 2006 6:35:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use this since I use OD free.

Just downloaded the docklet, works great! Thanks you for the tip....  
October 13, 2006 5:08:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Here's how I got mine to work (I'm on a fiber-optic connection, but the connection principles are basically the same as DSL).

Right-click on the shortcut you normally use and select "properties", then click the "General" tab.

Look at the "location" section. I have mine on my QuickLaunch bar, so this is the location of mine:

D:\Documents and Settings\Billy\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Yours, of course, will be different. Anyway, hightlight all of this, then right-click and "copy" it.

Now right-click the shortcut on your ObjectDock and select "dock entry properties".

Paste what you have copied into the "link" box.

Now, all that's left to do is add a back-slash, the name of your internet shortcut (the original one, not necessarily the same name as the one on your ObjectDock), and a .lnk extension (.lnk for link).

For example, my internet shortcut is named Heronet, so this is the full path of the shortcut on my ObjectDock:

D:\Documents and Settings\Billy\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Heronet.lnk

Hope this helps!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+