Stardock

New User...System Tray Issue

By on October 1, 2006 11:29:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

cornelious

Join Date 10/2006
I will say first off, this is the first time I've setup and started using ObjectDock and I'm hooked.

I have one issue though, I'm not using any tabbed docks, just the default/primary one that looks like the Mac OSX dock and I love how I've got it setup, but one thing I can't figure out. I'm completely set with this, but I can't figure out how to have my system tray icons displayed on the dock. I have a few icons that I use a fair bit, applications like Daemon Tools and AVG antivirus along with a couple other apps that I access from the system tray a lot that I would like to keep.

Is there a way to have the "OSX style" dock display my windows system tray icons?

Clicking the option to show system tray icons in the dock doesn't help, and it actually gets rid of the icons for applications that are running.

Someone please help, I love this program and hope I can get it to work as I need it.
10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 2, 2006 1:59:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Maybe this will help.
October 2, 2006 9:05:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
October 2, 2006 10:19:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Awsome...it's working perfectly now.

I've got an OSX style dock at the bottom with all my daily used apps and games that autohides and pop's up as fast as possible and an identical dock autohiding at the top of the screen for teh system tray. I love this so much, the blank desktop is awsome.

Only thing is...can I make the clock in my systemtray dock digital? The clock docklet that came with the program is analog. I can read it, but it'd just be easier to have a digital readout.
October 2, 2006 10:35:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
probably, these guys did
October 3, 2006 11:38:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Hi,
i followed all the steps and have SDMCP.exe working on startup, however it doesnt get all my icons from my system tray when i click to say put tray icons on right or left. I have attempted to follow everything you have said...What can i do?
October 4, 2006 4:36:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
I have the free version (no tabs, no systray,etc)
I use a docklet to pull them in.

Unfortunately, I'm not at home and I can't access WC from here.

If I grabbed the right link, see if this will work for you until someone with OD+ comes along with an answer.
October 4, 2006 6:08:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
From my experience having ANY docklets on the same dock as the Systray has been problematic. I'd "suggest" that you make the dock with the systray "Standalone". If you need a clock grab a gadget from the dx library or try Yahoo Widgets.
October 4, 2006 7:46:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Yeah, I have to agree with Lantec ... my systray dock is only for the systray (although I have had a few shortcuts icons on it in the past), and I have no problems.
I generally don't use any docklets, they tend to be too flakey
October 5, 2006 2:19:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
hmmm... yeh even if i put it as a stand alone app the systray wont load onto the dock... this is really annoying...!!
October 5, 2006 2:52:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Bichur, that object dock tray works a treat! thanks man!
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+