Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Animated Dock-How do I make it a shortcut

How are animated docks created and used

By on April 27, 2006 6:59:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

G.I.

Join Date 06/2002
I have downloaded and applied annimated dockes but nothing happens. So I created a simple animated docket and changed the graphic but how do you make it a shortcut. When you right click/docket properties a dialog for a graphic comes up, but no where to select a program to make it a shortcut? how do they work? And are they just make to look pretty. or be functional? Thanks for you time and intellect in advance, iam bennu
2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 27, 2006 8:00:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It sounds like you may be looking at a "System Tray" dock entry.

For a normal dock (whether animated or not), you can right-click an empty space on the dock > select "Add" > "New Shortcut". This should place a default entry icon on the dock and invoke the dock entry properties dialog, which you can then use to select a link and an image.

You can alternatively drag-n-drop any program's executable file onto the dock (providing you have the "drag locking" feature deselected).

I wrote a series of tutorials on ObjectDock Plus, which may help. Here is one that illustrates editing a "non-tabbed" dock http://corkyo.wincustomize.com/Articles.aspx?SID=5463&AID=98644

You can click my name to see the other tutorials listed on my page.

April 27, 2006 8:01:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Done I got the animation.dll from the Sunrise animated docket and it allowed me to make an animated shortcut.

Very nice.

Posted via WinCustomize Browser/Stardock Central
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+