Stardock

Animated Dock-How do I make it a shortcut

How are animated docks created and used

By on April 27, 2006 6:59:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

G.I.

Join Date 06/2002
I have downloaded and applied annimated dockes but nothing happens. So I created a simple animated docket and changed the graphic but how do you make it a shortcut. When you right click/docket properties a dialog for a graphic comes up, but no where to select a program to make it a shortcut? how do they work? And are they just make to look pretty. or be functional? Thanks for you time and intellect in advance, iam bennu
2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 27, 2006 8:00:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It sounds like you may be looking at a "System Tray" dock entry.

For a normal dock (whether animated or not), you can right-click an empty space on the dock > select "Add" > "New Shortcut". This should place a default entry icon on the dock and invoke the dock entry properties dialog, which you can then use to select a link and an image.

You can alternatively drag-n-drop any program's executable file onto the dock (providing you have the "drag locking" feature deselected).

I wrote a series of tutorials on ObjectDock Plus, which may help. Here is one that illustrates editing a "non-tabbed" dock http://corkyo.wincustomize.com/Articles.aspx?SID=5463&AID=98644

You can click my name to see the other tutorials listed on my page.

April 27, 2006 8:01:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Done I got the animation.dll from the Sunrise animated docket and it allowed me to make an animated shortcut.

Very nice.

Posted via WinCustomize Browser/Stardock Central
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+